Score one for vinyl - DiscKit

Wardsweb

Behind The Curtain
Staff member
Admin
I went by my Mom's today and she pulls this stuff out and ask if I want it. Came out of a box of my Dad's stuff she was going through. Complete DiscKit in the original box with all the pieces, Sound clean solution and SoundGuard. Kinda cool. :D

Hells bells...that's more than kinda kewl! Especially when it was your Dads. That really is a kick! :thmbsp:

Don't have to guess where I get my audio passion from. I grew up with this stuff. My Dad was an electronics instructor and a musician. We always had tunes at my house, consumer and professional gear.

I know what you mean. In the 50's my Dad had a TV/Radio repair shop called Radivision back when we were in New York. Even after we move to Arizona he had a garage full of TVs, radios, precious vacuum tubes. Sigh, had I only known then what I know now. :(

Just before my Dad passed away he gave me this calendar that he did for promotion of his old shop. Kinda neat...Check out the date.

I really like that wooden holder for the vinyl cleaning stuff.. Is it custom made or was it available for purchase..

Great calendar also... Reminds me of going bird hunting with my Dad when I was a young skipper... Haha... But about 25 years earlier....

Later, Brent

Originally posted by BKville
I really like that wooden holder for the vinyl cleaning stuff.. Is it custom made or was it available for purchase..

Later, Brent

Those were sold that way by Discwasher. If you have a need for one, let me know. I bought a kit like that just for the Zerostat and the stylus brush. Email me, I'd trade you for something of very little value.

Funny coincidence Wards, I was just digging out some audio goodies for a friend (a wild western friend:) ) last weekend and found the same Discwasher kit tucked away in a box, forgot I had it. I use an AudioQuest brush now as it seems easier to avoid putting drag on the Sota belt/motor with it than the Discwasher brush but the Zerostat gun and stylus brush is kinda nice.

Love the calender WW, pretty neat keepsake to have.

Originally posted by Ben
Those were sold that way by Discwasher. If you have a need for one, let me know. I bought a kit like that just for the Zerostat and the stylus brush. Email me, I'd trade you for something of very little value.

Ben...

You have a PM...

Brent

Zerostat

I have a Zerostat... But never really figured out how to use it correctly... Yes I did read the directions.. Ha.. Did do that test to see if it was working and it had a nice arc...

So if there are some tricks to the Zerostat I'd appreciate being told... Then I could start using it...

Thanks, Brent

Squeeze the trigger of the Zerostat and as you're releasing the trigger, move from around 3 inches from the vinyl out to around a foot - so that the trigger's fully "out" by the time you reach foot distance.

Seems to work the best for me. That wooden block IS nice - I have the stylus brush/fluid and the Zerostat - the Zero's a PITA since it's hard to find space for...

My Diskwasher Brush Kit I bought over 20 yrs ago just fell apart . The felt pad came unglued form the wood handle. I haven't used it for a few years, but it was something I just kept around from years gone by.

Originally posted by WildWest
I know what you mean. In the 50's my Dad had a TV/Radio repair shop called Radivision back when we were in New York. Even after we move to Arizona he had a garage full of TVs, radios, precious vacuum tubes. Sigh, had I only known then what I know now. :(

Just before my Dad passed away he gave me this calendar that he did for promotion of his old shop. Kinda neat...Check out the date.
Thats a fine setter on point tail straight up like it supposed to be.

My little setter has been gone for almost 20 years. We killed lots of pheasants together. Sure miss her

Back
Top Bottom