SCORE! scroe? Either way, yay me!

SpinninAgain

I was on the old Craigs list yesterday.(I should not be left at home alone anymore) I was looking at what was listed under "Pioneer" and not seeing anything interesting locally I started looking farther out. A listing caught my eye that I thought MUST be a misleading title with the $$ amount wrong.

I figured it couldn't hurt to contact the seller to see if it was still available. I didn't think a Pioneer SX-1080 in very nice condition would still be available 18 days later at almost any price. But it was. I had the day off so I asked if I could take a peek at it this morning.

1.5 hours drive time later...some poking around the local Salvation army to kill some time.. and I get to go see it. It was just a nice in person as the pictures. Sounded great on the 4 JBL speakers it was running. :music:

I thought about it for about 30 seconds before making up my mind. SX-1080. Pristine condition. Not even any dust that I could see inside. For........$600.

It was listed at $700 for a while the lowered to $600. By the time I got there the guy had an offer over the phone for $650. I told him I didn't have it. as it was listed for $600. We agreed on $20 more and I'm on my way home..:jump:

It's been a great learning experience and good times on the different forums her but I think once my better half discovers what I have done I,....well I've had a good run.:angel:

IMG_20181214_165841263.jpg

Congratulations, you did good nothing to worry about your secret's safe with us we won't tell your wife

Dang it's always tough to see a score I missed in the cities, but nice one!!!
I just did a 1280 restore and honestly I'd rather have the 1080 as the outputs on the 12 are non-existent now. And the 10 still has a toroid!

I'll give you $20 more than you paid...and will be happy to tell your wife what a shrewd business person you are. I'll be at MPS just after Christmas if you want to deliver...

Dang it's always tough to see a score I missed in the cities, but nice one!!!
I just did a 1280 restore and honestly I'd rather have the 1080 as the outputs on the 12 are non-existent now. And the 10 still has a toroid!
I found it South of I90 near Austin. I've found a few things "out state". Better prices if your willing to travel son some.

Back
Top Bottom