Scored a pair of Audio Centron H-12-IC's!

twist72

Hey y'all

I live in a campus town and the kids here, come summer time, throw out a lot of stuff. Well I noticed the pair of Audio Centrons and grabed them as the garbage truck was rolling down the alley toward my stake. These monsters are HEAVY!, Id say 50lbs each easy, mabye more. I didnt know anything about the brand. Turns out there the fancy looking version of there H-12 PA speaker meant for home use Im assuming. They have a spandex material that surround the entire 3/4'' MDF cabnet. I removed the decoractive oak top and peeled back the cover. Each has a 12in woofer w/ treated fabric surrounds and a nice horn tweeter w/ a metal lens. Foster makes the tweeter driver. Im assuming they make the woofer too. I didnt feel like removing the 8 screws on the woofer. They dont appear to have a crossover, which ruled out my "Integrated Crossover" explaination for the "IC" suffix.

Well they checked out great on a visual inspection so I hooked them up to my Realistic STA 2250. Its a powerhouse of a reciever and It drove those babys like the world was going to end tomorrow!. I mean F@%K Dude! I have always had small speakers, I currently run a set of Advent Baby II's(soon a set of EPI 100's :naughty: ), and I have never heard anything as loud as these except for mabye a live show at a local bar here in town. And the louder I play them the better they seem to sound. They are definetly not Audiophile grade gear but for heavy stuff and rock they are pretty sufficient.

Im going to give them to a buddy who wants to put together a system. Im going to sell him my Advents and loan him indefinetly my STA 2250 as well. It would be a nice setup, big ones for parties, small ones for nearfield listening.

Im going to run my almost spanking brand new Voice of Music 1428 w/ EPI 100's . Im getting the EPI's tommorow!!! YIPPEEEEEE! :lmao:

Back
Top Bottom