Scored another smoker

Nice pit. I have an old New Braunfels Smoker (prior to their purchase by Char-Broil) with that same size cooking barrel but a much smaller firebox. Lots of meat cooked in mine.That one should do the job nicely.

Alan

Almost ready for the new owner.

All the repairs were done with a tig welder. Bead blasted and applied an entire pint of rust-oleum 1200 degree paint. It was done right with 10 light coats and then baked on.

I'm currently finishing up a new log/ash tray out of 1/4" plate and angle iron. It should be good for the life of the smoker.

upload_2019-1-16_16-56-37.jpeg

Nice pit. I have an old New Braunfels Smoker (prior to their purchase by Char-Broil) with that same size cooking barrel but a much smaller firebox. Lots of meat cooked in mine.That one should do the job nicely.

Alan

Thanks! Didn't know that New Braunfels sold out. Good info. and I will keep an eye out for an older one for the next gift. The only ones I've seen were probably under the new ownership. I was keeping an eye out for a Klose, JJ, pitts&spitts and couple of others when I found this one. If you want to see some real smoker fab. skills, check out Texas Pitcrafters. I have a few in person pictures somewhere of their TOTL trailers. Second to none that I've seen so far.

As a Yankee who smokes, I must say. When driving across Texas it always amazes me seeing, Smokers in public places. Parks, rest areas etc.

Lucky to find a large Hibachi type grill up here in my area.

And abpeep, if I lived as close to Smitty's in Lockhart, as you, my heart would be clogged and my grin never ending.

Back
Top Bottom