Scored some Lp's and please no you gonna love it posts

Grumpy

Krusty old SOB! Yes, I own Audiokarma
Staff member
Admin
Sponsor
Subscriber
Oh wait we can say that kind of thing here. Only on other forums is that phrase a bad thing :rolleyes:

Just picked up some cool vinyl and thought i would share it with Ya all.

Jimmy reed at soul city on riverside
Wes Montgomery Jazz guitar of
Miles Davis Milestones 6 Eye second issue
Miles Davis Jazz tracks 6 eye 1st issue
Miles Davis Basic miles
Charlie Parker April in paris on Verve
Sarah Vaughan Wonderful on mercury
Ray Charles Crying time on ABC
Ray charles Sweet and sour tears on ABC
Bonnie Raitt Give it up
Dio sacred heart
muddy waters Rolling stone
hendrix The rainbow bridge concert early show 180 gram
hendrix The rainbow bridge concert late show 180 gram

I wish it all came from a thrift store but the chances of finding this stuff there is pretty slim.

Wow! Where'd you get those rainbow bridge concerts? I never knew they were available. :eek:

You'll have to let me know how they are when you get a chance.

Nice scores!
mOOn

What ya mean these two ole junk Lp's :D They came from a local shop. I can order em for you for 21.00 each

Still have not got around to trying this one out

grumpy, that is just super fine!!! saw wardsweb over at freds (bottlehead meeting) he said you liked turntables and cartridges a LOT, well i think he said "way off in the deep end with tables and cartridges"!!! so haveing said all that, steer me in the right direction = thorens td 145 with a grado m1+ cartridge, looking for newer and or better cartridge. thanks in advance. just in case you missed it ,,, what a score on the albums!!!

Hey Grumpy, Tell me how the quality is on the Echo's. They have
a copy locally but I haven't bought it as I was afraid of sound quality and it's not cheap. You have great tastes in music!
Thanks, Carl
I do like the Wild Blue Angel lp set!

Carl

Honestly I have not listened to Echoes yet. From what I have read on the web from others I am not holding high expectations of it. I will get to it in the near future and let you know.

Grumpy

Gooduns, Grumpy.

When I got home this evening, I had the following records awaiting their first play:

Astrud Gilberto- Look to the Rainbow
Miles Davis- Kind of Blue
Miles Davis- Sketches of Spain
Jacintha- Lush Life
Louis Armstrong- Satchmo Plays King Oliver
Crosby, Stills, Nash- Crosby, Stills, Nash
Dusty Springfield- Dusty In Memphis
Santana- Santana
Jimi Hendrix- Are You Experienced

Can't believe that records from three sources, ordered at different times, arrived the same day.

Yeah, yeah, I know- some of these records aren't your first choice, but hey, I may like them....or not:)

Actually I would listen to all but the Dusty cuz well shes to dusty for me :p:

You guys are killing me here! :(

Reyneman - Great selection as well. I'd love to have that CSN debut on clean vinyl as well as many of the others.

As for Dusty... I have a fairly big time musician friend from Seattle who's actually mentioned Dusty as having some pretty cool stuff out. I've yet to hear it for myself though.

Happy Spinning!
mOOn

I get Dusty albums just to peek at her covers. As for the Grumpsters albums.....I don't get it..Jimi who? :p: Actually you are gonna love the Animals...much cool stuff, when my wallet recovers from remodeling and moving I am gonna have you order a few of those JImi's, if they are good...as in sonically, aww who cares, if it's Jimi it's gotta be good.......that guy could be playing the Juice harp and it would be cool :cool:

Back
Top Bottom