Scott 310E help

Nice!

You now need a cosmetically perfect 299D or 222D to go with it! Then, the quest gets worse. You will have to find a matching tuner for the Fisher!!!
Yes I'm looking for a perfect matching amplifier. I'm leaning for the 299D.

I had been collecting Fisher items for quite some time and have several tuners including a FM-1000, FM200B and the motorized MF300. They are all exceptional tuners but the 310E gets a couple far away and weak stations without fading or drift. All with a small indoor mounted antenna. The FM-1000 performs almost as well as the 310E but it is being used inside the house with the matching Fisher integrated amplifier. It's larger than my preamp and wouldn't fit on top. The MF300 is an exceptional performer too but I'm waiting to get the wireless remote control rebuilt. I was planning on using it when the remote is finished. None of the Fishers I own will get the stations I wanted without drift and going in and out of mono/stereo so I'm happy to have the Scott for now. I'm guessing if I put the Yagi on the roof instead of up in the rafters it would be a different story. Lastly I feel the Scott has the finest sound.

Last edited:
Hey, thanks for this very informative thread! If you ever decide you want anyone to work on your Scott, Foster Blair is the guy who restored my 4312. Steven Stone wrote it up in The Absolute Sound years ago as his favorite so it will always be valuable. Enjoy!
Thanks for the information on Foster Blair. The 4312 looks to be a great tuner. I'm guessing it took the place of the 4310 when Scott went solid state. The same thing Fisher did with the TFM1000 taking over for the FM1000. I'd love to find a 4310 but I don't think that will happen any time soon :cool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom