1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Scott 350b owners manual

Discussion in 'Tuners' started by Rbradio, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Rbradio

Rbradio AK Subscriber Subscriber

Hi
    Does anyone on the site know where I can access a copy of a Scott 350b owners manual?
    I seem to have no problem finding the schematic, but can't find a copy of the owners manual anywhere (except for $50 on ebay).

Any help would be appreciated

Please register to disable this ad.

2. arts

arts Super Member

I have the 350 (A) which is almost identical to the 350B,with only minor differences. These are the factory-built versions of the LT-110,so,unless you are looking for the ''exact'' manual,the LT-110 is the closest that I have ever found.

3. Rbradio

Thanks, that realĺy helps. The 350b arrived on Friday so this kind of thing is what I need before I bring it in for service.
    I have an eico mx99 twinned to a Scott 311d and even before service this 350b blows that combo out of the water.

More than anything it is the clarity of the bottom end that is pretty jaw dropping.

4. arts

arts Super Member

Depending on exactly what variety of ''service'' you are bringing it in for,you might want to be careful. There are very few techs left that are truly competent re working on FM tuners,let alone of the vacuum tube variety.And unless they are doing this type of work on a regular basis,even fewer techs have the necessary and very specialized equipment and savvy to do the job properly.Frankly,if you are having to bring your ''tech'' literature or service information,you should probably be looking elsewhere.

I have been a tech for going on thirty years now,and my FM signal & Multiplex equipment takes up a large portion of my workbench real estate.

5. Rbradio

Well all the guy who works on things for me really needs is the schematic. He has the entire basement of his house set up as a shop and specializes in tube radio, although mostly before this tuner's time.

It's me looking for the info because I like to know as much about these units as I can before I take them in.

The unit has a selenium rectifier and I am assuming that needs to be dealt with, but unlike the 299b amp I had caps and other work done on i am assuming this one should stay as original as possible. I mean I am getting no distortion, fantastic sound and I don't care about cosmetics.

Just a new power cord and the rectifier, check the tubes for strength and I should be good.

An alignment is a risk at the best of times from what I understand, but I know that the tech I use will simply tell me "no" than do anything he is not up to. That's what I like about him.

Attached Files:

6. Rbradio

Not sure why I posted the same picture twice...
    The insides (don't have a picture of the bottom yet)

Attached Files:

Please register to disable this ad.

7. Patrice B

Patrice B AK Subscriber Subscriber