Scott R33S receiver

alchemist

Hi,
New to forum. Just purchased a Scott R33S receiver, made in Japan, looks like late 60's/early 70's. Has weird speaker wiring (RCA for set #2 and regular wire clamp for set #1). Also has weird tape inputs and outputs (in's straddle the out's). Few problems I notice right off:

1. The receiver seems to get very warm (hot) toward top/back of unit. Anything I could do to keep it cooler.

2. Doesn't seem to receive FM in stereo. There's a stereo/mono button, but doesn't make a difference pushed in or out. The stereo indicator light also doesn't light up.

3. (This one is minor) The external FM antenna option says to remove a jumper for external antenna and then you would connect the two wire 300 ohm antenna to the screw downs provided. The external provision provides no more signal strength than the internal. First time I've ever seen this.

4. This unit would seem to be an 'import'. Words on the back have a European spelling.

Hi,
New to forum. Just purchased a Scott R33S receiver, made in Japan, looks like late 60's/early 70's. Has weird speaker wiring (RCA for set #2 and regular wire clamp for set #1). Also has weird tape inputs and outputs (in's straddle the out's). Few problems I notice right off:

1. The receiver seems to get very warm (hot) toward top/back of unit. Anything I could do to keep it cooler.

2. Doesn't seem to receive FM in stereo. There's a stereo/mono button, but doesn't make a difference pushed in or out. The stereo indicator light also doesn't light up.

3. (This one is minor) The external FM antenna option says to remove a jumper for external antenna and then you would connect the two wire 300 ohm antenna to the screw downs provided. The external provision provides no more signal strength than the internal. First time I've ever seen this.

4. This unit would seem to be an 'import'. Words on the back have a European spelling.

Yeah, weird little receiver but I liked the looks. I had one of those. For some reason I was thinking about it only yesterday and now this thread pops up.

I was never able to find much info on it. As I recall, though, it's only around 18 WPC.

John

Back
Top Bottom