scumbag scammer Dave is at it again...

I say someone starts posting "beware of this scammer" adverts daily in the forsale section so as to warn any potential buyers about him. I doubt his name is really Dave and unless theres a way to track IP's nobody will ever find him.

I did that with his Teac R2R a couple of weeks ago....

I'm pretty sure if CL gets enough unique users flagging the same ad that it will be removed. The difference now is that it hides it from you as soon as you flag it.
Yep, that's how it works. One flag, it just hides it from the flagger. Multiple flags and it's gone, like this one is now.

Has anyone ever contacted him about an item? I assume he won't meet, wants to ship, or just how does he monetize the scam?

Has anyone ever contacted him about an item? I assume he won't meet, wants to ship, or just how does he monetize the scam?

Look at post #5...the link will take you to the thread on a more detailed discussion....

I say someone starts posting "beware of this scammer" adverts daily in the forsale section

I was doing this in the DC CL but quit because I don't search for gear anymore. He got a few guys around here with a Sansui and Marantz ads.
It would be nice to find out who he is. I'm sure there is somebody somewhere savvy enough to trace where the post originate from, you know, like the hackers on the crime shows.

It's also been mentioned he keeps the sale price (the amount he screws the buyer for) under a certain limit which makes it not worthwhile for the buyer or authorities to pursue action against him.
But all those "small" hits add up...

In the town where I grew up there were attitude adjusters named Frankie and Paulie. Anyway...

I don't wish that on him (he's probably got deeper problems), but I'm surprised it hasn't happened already in some deal gone wrong.

Although this is textbook wire fraud, cops regard as civil matter. No one will travel to file for such a small amount. Dave knows this.

You would think if the guy is operating in THAT many states, the feds would take some kind of an interest. :rolleyes:

CL has the means to investigate. They probably just don't want to be bothered. Not until laws make them change their ways (like removing personals due to alleged human trafficking).

You would think if the guy is operating in THAT many states, the feds would take some kind of an interest. :rolleyes:
He's a low level parasite that feeds on those with their own borderline larceny issues.

His victims are as much victims of their own greed, or lack of information as they are of his shenanigans.

Because he's low level, law enforcement will put a low priority on investigating him.

The success of his tactics relies on the individual who knows better, but refuses to practice it.

He knows it's very hard to cheat an honest man. So, he's using items and prices that will draw the slightly less than honest blokes his way.

Just my .02 y'all understand...........................

Last edited:
He's a low level parasite that feeds on those with their own borderline larceny issues.

His victims are as much victims of their own greed, or lack of information as they are of his shenanigans.

Because he's low level, law enforcement will put a low priority on investigating him.

The success of his tactics relies on the individual who knows better, but refuses to practice it.

He knows it's very hard to cheat an honest man. So, he's using items and prices that will draw the slightly less than honest blokes his way.

Just my .02 y'all understand...........................

Getting a good deal isn’t a crime. Don’t blame the victim here. We’ve all gotten good deals on stuff.

When any form of criminal activity isn't punished it encourages more of that activity. Most people committing these crimes don't have regular jobs. Committing crimes is how they make their living.

Back
Top Bottom