Sea Foam users?

phatster

Honey Boo Boob
Just heard about this product,given the alcohol content in gas these days this seems to be a good idea to me.Any users out there?

I just heard about this myself and have yet to try it.

They talk about it all over the Mini Cooper forums (I just bought a mini)

I'll be interested to watch this thread....

Your are talking about the fuel cleaner right ? It works OK as a fuel cleaner , just expensive IMHO .

Barney

I've used it to cure running problems in my 89 Nissan Pathfinder, 81 Yamaha M'cycle, and my '05 Toro lawnmower. I first heard about on some motorcycle forum a couple of years ago and been a regular user of it.

Is there any reason to use it if there are no apparent problems with an engine? I mean, does it have any preventative function? Or will it give me performance (either Horse power or MPG) I didn't know I was missing?

never used SeaFoam but I swear by StarBrite's 'Star Tron' Enzyme fuel treatment. I use it in my snowmobiles for post season storage with excellent results (two cycle engines tend to be more finicky when it come to bad gas).

BG 44K I have found to be the best fuel system cleaner . Sea foam in my experience is more of an additive more so then a cleaner .

Barney

I have used to it unstick lifters and several other things. It is great stuff.

Used seafoam many times in fuel before but trying lucas oil now.

I'm running some now in my lawnmower, both in the gas and crankcase to clean it up a bit. Probably will dump the rest of it in my truck when done.

I use SeaFoam several times a year in my auto's gas tank to clean things out (including removing excess moisture). I've also poured a partial can into my engine crankcase just prior to an oil change to clean out the bottom end.

There are many DIY postings on automotive forums on running pure SeaFoam into your fuel intake to clean the top end of an engine. I haven't gotten brave enough to try that yet. (Seems this technique produces copious amounts of smoke out the tail pipe for several minutes and can frighten your neighbors.)

I've used their spray cleaner for lubricating hinges and loosening frozen nuts, etc.

Apparently SeaFoam was developed orginially during WWII for use in marine engine applications.

Years ago, we poured it directly into the carb of a 78 Cutlass. Thick blue smoke came out and the entire neighborhood was blanketed for a few minutes. The owner said the engine idled better after.

Years ago, we poured it directly into the carb of a 78 Cutlass. Thick blue smoke came out and the entire neighborhood was blanketed for a few minutes. The owner said the engine idled better after.

That's one of the described treatments, but I think these days they suggest some sort of vacuum line. The directions are right on the can.

Used it Many times and it does work well. However I too will agree with Oerets that BG 44K is one of the best period!

I've used it before and it definitely helped my mileage, but I've never used anything else...so I can't really compare it to anything. Both in the tank, and sucked through the vacuum lines. We sell a lot of it though at the parts store I work at.

I use it three to four times a year. I always pull it into the engine via a main vacuum tube; the one I use connects to the brake booster. It feeds the entire manifold.

Yes, it produces insane amounts of smoke, but the engine always idles and performs better afterward. I've never noticed an appreciable improvement in fuel mileage, but I suppose it could be there.

It bumped my mileage up from about 30 mpg to 32 mpg. This was probably the first time anything had ever been run through the fuel system, so it might be an extreme result.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom