Search for reputable distributors to buy real transistors

Did you ever do a component or performance analysis of the two batches of 2SC4793s that you have?

No, I compare the physical looks of the ones I bought from B+D to the old ones I bought from Digikey a few years ago, they look exactly the same in every way.

I just put them into my circuit and it works. My main thing is the high fT of 100MHz and low capacitance. If those are bad, it likely affect my amp. The new ones from B+D works perfectly. That's as far as I go. Now I have over 100 of them, that will last my life time, if it works, it works.!!!!

Also, I read more on B+D and even Quset, they are big distributor, not ebay type of stores. I don't see they will ruin their reputation by selling fakes.

EDIT, both 2SA1930 and 2SC4793 were available from Digikey and others just half a year ago, it's newly discontinued parts. They are dirt cheap to begin with, I doubt people try to make fakes this early in the game. Digikey still stocked one of the part like two months ago. I won't be surprised other distributors still stock them today like B+D and Quest.

If it is two years down the road and you find these in some odd place like ebay, I would be very skeptical.

Last edited:
There are several Asian manufacturers who make the 2SA1837/2SC4793 under their own brands. So its possible to get those - technically not fake, but not Toshiba.

Check out the TTC004b/TTA004b combo on Mouser. High FT, low capacitance, but TO-126 and kind of lousy SOA.

Thanks FootFungus, I search a lot of TO-126 transistors, their pin out are all opposite, that is ECB rather than BCE. I either have to modify the board or let the heat conductive side facing away from the heatsink.

THis is the part of circuit that I used to do drift cancellation. I need the heat conductive side to face the heatsink for lower thermal resistance.

I remember you suggested Quest Components before if I remember correctly, so I ordered the 2SA1930 from them.

I received the 125 of the 2SA1930, physically, they look identical to the old ones I bought from Digikey a few years back, just with different lot number. I checked like 25 of them by measuring the Vbe with set current of 10mA, they are comparable between 0.595 to 0.612V. So I would say it is genuine Toshiba 2SA1930.

They seems to be big distributor, they came in as package of 50 with electrostatic bag exactly the same a the package of 2SC4793 I got from B+D.

They shipped fast, 2 days only!!! So Quest Component is another one I tried and will use.

Back
Top Bottom