Searching for furniture for my rig(s) show me yours, I need ideas!

My initial thoughts are rustic, craftsman, perhaps mid century modern wood pieces to contrast and soften the look of the typical metal silver black gear.

That is our style too. Do yourself a favor and search mission tv stand, mission media cabinet, etc. Click on 'images'. So much out there to view and purchase. You won't be disappointed.

Not what you are searching for but I bought this Bell'O 6 rack glass and metal stand, works for me and I like the openings in the back which helps with cable management.
Bell_O_AT4211T_6_Shelf_Audio_Tower_422959.jpg

The doors are solid, but look like louvres. There are four doors, the two on the left open to the left, the ones on the right open to the right.
The cubbies are really deep and wide, there is an electric eye that relays the remote signals

Here's a console from West Elm. Nice finish and construction and come in shorter and wider sizes in the same style. More gear coming...

LR temp panorama.jpg

This is a Stockholm console from IKEA. Takes a couple of hours to assemble and the finish and construction are not as nice but is it is about a third of the price of the West Elm console in the same rough dimensions.

DSC_1184.JPG

Rule 1 in my book. Not all gear is worthy of display. There is a reason 99.9999% of cars have hoods over their engines. (Example - is there value in seeing the speaker selector box?)

Prefer racks in some situations, consoles in others.

For the 2 ch system the rack has to accommodate hot tube amps plus a large integrated, these components require good clearances for ventilation. Here went with a Bell'O glass rack system. Really like the big shelves big enough for 2 turntables side by side.

bell_o rack.jpg

Meanwhile the AV system needs strong SO acceptance factor. This one must have a clean looking layout, and no visible wires. (sound familiar per chance?) Classical teak console approach for this one. I modded this one slightly by replacing original pull out drawers in the center with glass shelving for the AV receiver and blu ray.

av_sys.JPG

15634837973245035708724179690328.jpg
15634846799975505904420335418156.jpg
A 48"x25" Flexy rack. Made from birch butcher blocks. Black oxided 5/8"-11 x 4' rods/hardware and brass acorn nut finials. Dark cherry finish. Fully locking 3" black casters. Look is function first. Easy to change height, spacing and add shelves. Can hold two TTs. Made a thread on its build.

Last edited:
Not good at adding pictures ...I use an older computer cabinet that you can see on the Martin Logan forum member section # 338.

I love these old lane record cabs. Got on off cl for 75. And then kept my eyes open for another 6 months later it pops up. Holds about 250 records.

Attachments

• F9761672-CBFA-4137-8B85-30BE30CC38A7.jpeg
    F9761672-CBFA-4137-8B85-30BE30CC38A7.jpeg
    107.2 KB · Views: 31
I just moved the electronics behind doors of a Salamander Synergy audio cabinet I wasn't using, so I don't obsess over it seeing it on display all the time.
I'm thinking of selling it all to have a little minimalist uncomplicated system that is not the focus of listening to music.
system.jpeg
turntable drawer out.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom