1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Sears Audio, Fisher model 143-92551600, any thoughts,?

Discussion in 'Fisher' started by Vangoat, Mar 10, 2018.

1. Vangoat

Vangoat AK Subscriber Subscriber

came across this receiver on cl. The back panel plate reads 120vac, 50/60 Hz, 550w max., made in Japan.
    Has outputs for 6 speakers,(3 pair). Says everything works but does'nt light up, and I noticed the 6 push buttons are missing the silver caps. Says make offer. What does the 550 watts max mean and what would watts per channel be for this, does anyone have any info on this model, what should I offer for it. Is it any good, What's it worth? Probably end up being my garage receiver. Thanks for any info.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. larryderouin

larryderouin Turn it UP, POP? PLLUUEEEZZZZZEE Subscriber

About the only thing i can add is that the 550W on the back is total current draw when running, probably including the auxiliary outlets on the back. Per channel wattage probably between 50 and 100W per channel. It could be a chip amp, using STK modules. I've found that SANYO and SANYO/FISHER units rarely have the problems with the STK's that say PIONEER did in theirs (even tho the STK's were SANYO made) as PIONEER changed around some segments of circuits that would affect longevity of the chips. It's probably ok for a garage amp. Worth is what you and the seller come to agreement on. As $$$ amounts are not permitted on Forums other than Dollars and sense, that's gonna have to be it. Usually with 3 pair of speaker hookup's they only cut in 2 pairs as 3 pairs would drop the output impedance to 2.66 from a nominal 8 ohms. Not good for the amp. So they linit them to two pair at a time(4ohms).

3. Tiecode

Tiecode AK Subscriber Subscriber

You have a Fisher RS-1058 clone made for Sears. The main difference is cheaper knobs and push buttons instead of switches. Rated around 65 watts. Nice receiver.

4. Vangoat

Vangoat AK Subscriber Subscriber

Thank you!

5. 1ontop=

1ontop= Active Member

A little late here but can you post a pic ?
    Sounds like the receiver I bought new in 1981 at Sears .. I still have it.