Sears phonograph

Dr Bendova

Hey guys, found an 80s Sears Radio/Phonograph/Cassette player. I think I messed up the volume knob, I twisted it past that "hard spot" that acts like a stopping point. How would I fix this?

Attachments

• IMG_20181020_202004771.jpg
    IMG_20181020_202004771.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_20181020_201603563.jpg
    IMG_20181020_201603563.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 39
You would have to remove it from the unit and you should be able to open it up by bending those tabs in the back out of the pot out, careful when you remove the back don't won't anything to go flying and get lost. I would suspect you have broken something plastic in the assembly which hopefully you would be able to epoxy back together to get it working again.

Okay Soo... The volume knob is a
3D3F / 072-77 / V100KKX2

I have no idea on what I should be looking for..
I wonder if I could just fit another 6 port knob

Unfortunately, I would doubt you could find another one of those parts at this point unless from a donor unit.

If you measured it with a multimeter to determine the resistance of the volume pot and were able to find a similar one that included the on/off switch, maybe, but it would take some pretty clever retrofitting, probably not easy. The only other option is powering it on and off with a power strip and using the existing one for volume control only. I am assuming that it works fine just won't turn off?

If you measured it with a multimeter to determine the resistance of the volume pot and were able to find a similar one that included the on/off switch, maybe, but it would take some pretty clever retrofitting, probably not easy. The only other option is powering it on and off with a power strip and using the existing one for volume control only. I am assuming that it works fine just won't turn off?

It doesn't have an on off switch, it's just a volume pot

Oh ok then, sorry misunderstood, thought this had a combo power switch/volume pot. I would desolder it and use a meter to determine the value of the pot, I would think you could find a stereo volume pot from parts express (or similar) to replace it with once you can determine the resistance needed.

Back
Top Bottom