Sears portable 8-track player

xXSHADoW93Xx

Scored this for roughly $5.50 at a different Unique location (by the Fulton Mall, as opposed to the one by Jamaica Center that I usually go to). Also, the first unit that didn't require any head adjustment whatsoever. Works great (not pictured is the original power cord).

0CLMOrt.png

qEU6Har.png

upDVnp0.png

rYowxZ0.png

You paid $5.25 too much. But the only thing that counts, is that you like it. Nice score.
The more important question is . . . do you actually have some 8-tracks to play in it? (And what are they?) :rockon:

You paid $5.25 too much. But the only thing that counts, is that you like it. Nice score.
The more important question is . . . do you actually have some 8-tracks to play in it? (And what are they?) :rockon:
I have a couple of bee-gees 8-tracks, and some beatles 8-tracks

Your opinion and that's fine but he could afford it obviously:)

Yup. Sometimes I'm not sure if my tongue-in-cheek humor comes through in text. :)

I own one 8-track. I'm guessing this came new in a Buick, that was equipped with an AM/FM/8-track stereo.

You can barely see it in the pic, but on the end, it says "FreeSpirit '77" So I'm guessing this came with a 1977 Buick.

Attachments

• 8-track.png
    8-track.png
    547.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Yup. Sometimes I'm not sure if my tongue-in-cheek humor comes through in text. :)

I own one 8-track. I'm guessing this came new in a Buick, that was equipped with an AM/FM/8-track stereo.

You can barely see it in the pic, but on the end, it says "FreeSpirit '77" So I'm guessing this came with a 1977 Buick.
I love Floyd Cramer, but it seems his music was always obligatory on those things.

I remember with fond memories cruising to Chuck Berry on 8 track in my [CLUNK] friends 1970 station wagon.

(The "Clunk" will be recognized by 8 track users as what happened in the middle of a song....)

I just learned yesterday of a friend's purchase (via photos on another web forum) of a pristine 1976 Buick with factory 8 track. Among other things audio, he and I both share an interest in 8 track and might just wet himself if he came across that tape.

I just learned yesterday of a friend's purchase (via photos on another web forum) of a pristine 1976 Buick with factory 8 track. Among other things audio, he and I both share an interest in 8 track and might just wet himself if he came across that tape.
The auto tapes seem fairly common, at least around here. I have Buick Free Spirit for 1976 and a Ford one as well from that year.

Back
Top Bottom