Secret is out

gyusher

-don't go round hungry-
I decided to share with you how I get those 850 cases to look so nice and new looking. I have mentioned the beeswax thing before but I never knew whare to find it as I had my supply for over 20 years. Well I found a better replacement. . Orange Oil, Beeswax and Carnuba wax in a vasiline (consistancy) solution. At 90-100F it is clear oil looking liquid at room temp it is more like vasoline. Spread it on let it dry for 20 minutes then buff to a nice shine.

Back side

I just did my Altec model 3 speakers and they look awesome. I might be selling them soon if so I will post pics then.

That's the stuff I use, same brand and all. Around here I usually find it at larger antique furniture stores. Works great.

-Dave

An antique store in Mt Horeb where I live carries that. I'll buy a bottle this weekend and do my Heresies and my CT-F9191 with it. That, and copy that 9191 manual Jbird sent me a couple months ago so I can get it back to him! Arrgh, I hate not getting around to stuff!!!

TP

Originally posted by Pioneer727
Hey Gyusher Tell us where do you get this.:D

Looking on their website tells me that Home Depot carries it where I live, so I imagine any HD would..........

There you go. . .

Looks like it is everywhere. . . I found this at a little downtown Antique shop for 10 bucks. . . I would bet Home Depot has it much cheaper. . . I had been using Boyds for ever and as you can see I am almost out. This stuff (Boyds) is great. I like the way the new stuff works better. I did the boxes on my Altecs and WOW! they are alive again. . .

If the light was better, I'd take a pic of the case on my HK TA-224 that I just treated with the stuff- mebbe tomorrow. Bottom line is- the stuff is very, very good- the natural finish on this case was dead. Now it has a nice luster. A few more treatments and it will be super. Thanks for the tip, Guy.

bring back to life

Im know I will be buying mine from Home Depot. The stuff works great I use it on anything wood. . . I have used it alone as a finish as well. Good stuff easy to use and smells good to.

Last edited:
I have been using Milsek, which is a blend of lemon oil and other stuff. It is liquid, and the stuff really does the trick. Over time and applications it practically seems like it heals scuffs and scapes, and leaves a nice finish.

oil

Oil is good. . . The beeswax offers some moisture protection and gives you some depth to your finish. . .

Wanted to get a bottle and was looking around to see where in my area it was carried and came accross this site that tells you all you ever wanted to know about wax and wax products along with rating different types (Howards got a 4 star). Interesting read .. Thought I would pass the link on to ya' all...

http://www.woodturningplus.com/Wax Files/wax_files_1.htm

GREAT

This is great. . . I see several that appear to be better. I know the Boyds I was using works better but I cant find it anymore so when I found the Howards I grabbed it. What I like is how easy it is to use .

Back
Top Bottom