Secret Santa 2006....Whadja get?

This just in...someone really did well today. Missed the mailman but my daughter said "Daddy, there's a box in your van."

All that was on the outside of the box was Secret Santa. Opened the box to find 2 spanking new RCA 6BQ5 tubes. I think someone is trying to say roll some tubes in my amp.

Thanks SS!!!

I see says the blind man !

So the LP's are from you as well ? Been racking my brain trying to figure out where they came from and was just going to post.

I gotta huge kick out of the grumpy hisownself :)

How can you not like Buddy Rich, Art Blakey and Brubeck. They are first rate and I am much less grumpy for a change. Thank you sir and may you, your family and everyone else on AK enjoy a happy and healthy holiday season

cabinover said:
Mine hasn't shown either Scott and I don't care, watching this thread is almost as fun as watching my kids on Christmas morning.
Ah yes, the classic sign of "Secret Santa Syndrome" :yes: . I have it too!

It is fun to see what everyone else got. Even if it can be CD's :banana:

Got a PM from Sound Stage Direct asking for my email. Haven't gotten anything from them yet, but I am guessing a gift certificate. :thmbsp:
Ah, the anticipation!

Good things come to those who are patient!

I have been looking for a CD for about 6 months (at least). Not a hard one to find new but I decided I was going to save a few $ by finding a used one and not pay shipping cost. Every time I went to the used CD stores, thrift stores and record shows I looked for it. All cause I can be cheap!

Well guess what my Secret Santa sent: Jennifer Warnes ~ Famous Blue Raincoat. The CD I have been looking for! :music:

I couldn't be more pleased. My one question is "how'd he know that?" I don't remember ever posting anything about it.

Mr. Secret Santa: I know your name but don't recall your handle, even though I know I should. Thanks John...perfect gift! :thmbsp:

Terry

Very Awesome!
SEKRIT SANTUH just came through with $30.00 from Soundstage Direct. You know I will be putting that to use ASAP!
Thanks Santuh, wherever you are!

I did wait till Christmas day but I received my Secret Santa gift from San Antonio Texas over 10 days ago.

Big Thanks to Luther, aka Wardsweb for the Genuine JBL Blue Grille cloth. My big JBL's have needed a facelift for some time and this will go a long way to helping get this done. OOOHHH, the L300's and 4333B will like their new suits.

:thmbsp: :thmbsp: Thanks again Luther!!

Regards,

Bart

mech986 said:
I did wait till Christmas day but I received my Secret Santa gift from San Antonio Texas over 10 days ago.

Big Thanks to Luther, aka Wardsweb for the Genuine JBL Blue Grille cloth. My big JBL's have needed a facelift for some time and this will go a long way to helping get this done. OOOHHH, the L300's and 4333B will like their new suits.

:thmbsp: :thmbsp: Thanks again Luther!!

Regards,

Bart
Wow, what restraint you have. I'm glad you liked the gift. I read through your posts to find your love of JBLs. I bought a lot of the cloth from Steve Gonzales over on the Lansing Heritage forums. I knew you would put it to good use.

Big thanks go out to Brian (brainsmasher) for the bottle of Captain Morgan and
the two one pound bags of peanut M&Ms! :banana:

I know how you figured out the bottle Brian, but how did you know about the M&Ms? :scratch2:

I'll have to look you up the next time we head out to Beaver Creek! :yes: :thmbsp:

Still need to get those Aztec looking speakers from you! :D

Thanks again!

Scott

I got my Secret Santa goodies...a sealed Cisco LP from good ol rusky Prokofiev, Rick Wakeman's White Album, and a DG...which one eludes my now....all great stuff!!!

Thanks Santa!

MitsuMan said:
I guess I've been a bad boy. Nothing has arrived here. :headscrat

Hang in there MitsuMan, sometimes the best is saved for last. In some past years some stuff that I sent out just didn't make it on time due to the holiday rush. Although I don't know who your AK Secret Santa is, I'm confident your AK Karma will be rewarded. The day is still young and the post office is still trying to clear up their delivery backlog.

My boys are still waiting for a new game console they ordered which was supposed to be here yesterday so you have company in the waiting area.

Let us know when something transpires.

Regards,

Bart

Mine didn't come yet, but I know it will :)

If by next week this time nothing, I will handle it myself.

Tim

Mine was shipped 3 weeks ago and I haven't heard from it's recepient. If they haven't received it by early next week, I'll out myself and see what I can do.

Thanks Hannauka Harry. I got 2 great albums, Charlie Mingus, Blues and roots and Junior Wells W/ Buddy Guy the Hoodoo Man Blues. I have not played either one yet, been digging around for the spare V15 to use with these babies.

TWantiques said:
I have been looking for a CD for about 6 months (at least). Not a hard one to find new but I decided I was going to save a few $ by finding a used one and not pay shipping cost. Every time I went to the used CD stores, thrift stores and record shows I looked for it. All cause I can be cheap!

Well guess what my Secret Santa sent: Jennifer Warnes ~ Famous Blue Raincoat. The CD I have been looking for! :music:

I couldn't be more pleased. My one question is "how'd he know that?" I don't remember ever posting anything about it.

Mr. Secret Santa: I know your name but don't recall your handle, even though I know I should. Thanks John...perfect gift! :thmbsp:

Terry

You're quite welcome Terry. You should be getting another package that I sent but was delayed by the weather here. I think you will like this too.

The fun thing about AK Secret Santa is doing the homework to find out your recipients interests.

john

Back
Top Bottom