Secret Santa 2006....Whadja get?

I've been in touch with Cheon57. My gift to him hasn't arrived yet. It did go out nearly a month ago. Dang mail. I even did it way early so I wouldn't procrastinate as I usually do with these things. I'll E-mail him tonight and Seth at SSDirect tomorrow.

My thanks to Ernie for his call last night and the Mountain CD that I've been looking for for the last few years! It's heartening to know how many people have missed me and actually care! On a sadder note, he also told me that The Lovely Blanche's beloved China Lily Soya Sauce is, alas an extremely rare commodity, so she'll have to savour her last bottle.
Tim, I'm in the process of wrapping your (very late indeed) SS gift. All I'll say at this point is that I hope you like oddball stuff, because this is one of the odder things I own! If all goes well, it should be in tomorrow's UPS.

Bogframe said:
My thanks to Ernie for his call last night and the Mountain CD that I've been looking for for the last few years! It's heartening to know how many people have missed me and actually care! On a sadder note, he also told me that The Lovely Blanche's beloved China Lily Soya Sauce is, alas an extremely rare commodity, so she'll have to savour her last bottle.
Tim, I'm in the process of wrapping your (very late indeed) SS gift. All I'll say at this point is that I hope you like oddball stuff, because this is one of the odder things I own! If all goes well, it should be in tomorrow's UPS.

Hi Bogframe,

Good to have you back. Hope you are continuing to recover well. In regards to the China Lily Soya Sauce, there was a disruption in production that occurred last year but the company seems to be back in batch production now. Here's a link to a company which can ship to you, but the shipping costs can be formidable. However, if you order 12 bottles, the shipping is better amortized over the quantity.

http://www.canadaonly.ca/canadaonly.ca/market/namerica/sauces/index.html

You might consider putting out a request for Western Canada Ak'ers (Vancouver and BC especially as the company is located there) to maybe buy a few bottles for you and ship to you. Don't know if it would save you any money but would be fun to involve our Canadian brothers.

Good Luck in you soya search.

Regards,

Bart
who also love a good soy sauce

Update to Bart's update. This info is from Joe Bolduc, of Canada Only. The company, on the passing of the family patriarch, had relocated production to Toronto. Current production is on "Quality Hold", whatever that means. Currently no stock available, even from Canada Only. That may change, hopefully for the better, within the next few weeks.

Stay tuned for further information, as it becomes available.

Botrytis was buying for you. Drop him a PM.

Still no word from Bogframe on my gift, but I know he's going through a rough spot health wise.

meandog said:
Mr Slabi.
Did they arrive safely ??
nada here yet.

Got it last night meandog. I will put it to good use right away too. They have a copy of the burning crusade with my name on it:yes:

Thanks!

Did you get what you wanted ?? Mr Slabi ??

Still nothing here.
I quit waiting.
There is always next time.

Back
Top Bottom