Secret Santa - Whaddya Get Post?

Major Score

My Secret Santa did some damn good work!
1. Herb Alpert and the Tiajuana Brass - LP
2. Barbara Streisand - LP
3. Ray Coniff - LP

and....

4. DARK SIDE OF THE MOON 180G ANNIVERARY RE-ISSUE

THANKS SANTA,
Tyler

Got my Booty from Santy today.Got a nifty radio and the original mono single of "Magic Carpet Ride".Santy knew his/her stuff!I KNEW the single was a totally different rendition,even the phrasing is different from the album track.Muchas Gracias Santy!!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:
Jimmy

jerrymrc said:
Here I sit all broken hearted.... tried to ... :cry: :cry: :cry: One more day to go.........

Jerry, my friend Alice said she got it mailed last week. I've been waiting for a money order myself that the sender hoped would arrive Monday, so I'm figuring USPS is getting bogged down. At any rate, I've been worried about it for a week and wanted it to be more of a surprise. If it doesn't get there by Friday, and it's only the 22nd today, please PM me. I've been running on vapors and a possible broken motor mount for daze scrambling about to put things together and finish paying people for this month, and I had this all bought the first week of the month but naught to send it. She says it's sent, and I put a big note on the box that had a bag of hamburger patties that said there were NO food commodities inside...but I doubt it was the deal. Two more daze and PM me if no show, and I'll go ask her again tomorrow. My mother didn't even get the money out in time to help me drive into Nampa for dinner (35 miles but I'm bone dry otherwise). The auction was Dave's money, and I didn't listen right and spent too much. I hope I don't feel like twice the bum soon.

But do watch. Thanks.

Another stellar Secret Santa gift for moi. Josh Groban Live in Concert CD/DVD and a new Discwasher 4 record cleaning system. Very good choices if I don't say so myself.

Ho Ho Ho

Mike

ProAc_Fan said:
Another stellar Secret Santa gift for moi. Josh Groban Live in Concert CD/DVD and a new Discwasher 4 record cleaning system. Very good choices if I don't say so myself.

Ho Ho Ho

Mike

I do believe you managed to say so :D That Groban cat is PRIMO :thmbsp:

It's Heeeeeerrr.

My SS package arrived yesterday, but I'm gonna be a good boy and wait to open it. The kids all get one gift to open Xmas eve so maybe I'll get one too :thmbsp:

Mailed Dec 8, arrived the 22. Sent air mail.

I'm a bad boy, but Grumpy told me to!

I opened mine! :yes:

Good choice, Secret Santa! I got a Skip Dr. CD scratch fixer! Already used it to fix a very annoying skip on our Charlie Brown Xmas CD on track 5. All gone now! :banana:

With well over 300 CD's (and 3 kids) in the house, its certain to see more use! :thmbsp:

:D

I got mine on Wednesday, but this is my first chance to get on AK in two days, been doing the xmas shopping stuff and been busy as a raped ape!

Kamakiri was my SS he got me some cool original 1990/91 (the year Miatas came out) Mazda Miata brochures and poster. He got me a neat little antique sign that tells my weekend guests that if I am drinking and invite them to stay till Monday I don't mean it ;) And he got me Rob Zombies greatest hits CD that includes a bonus DVD! Awesome stuff Kam thanks again!!!!!

:sigh: I haven't received mine but have been on vacation all week, so maybe it'll be there for me on Monday. I sure hope my SS gift arrived before X-Mass. MikE

It got here! the BBT showed up about 2 hours ago. I want to thank asynchronousman for the ear muffs and the DVD's I will have to sit down and watch Run Silent, Run Deep. Been some time since I have seen it.

I know the "Gun Thing" brought the muffs but buried in my qualifications is that I am a Certified Hearing conservation tech and I do take my hearing to heart. I do not know how my ears escaped three nights of rush in a row. :yikes: and countless concerts but they did. At 46 I am 5-10 DB across the board. When I shoot I wear plugs and muffs.

Thanks Steven! P.S. Have to look you up on my way back home in the spring.
I was born and raised in portland and I know where Ontario is!

P.P.S. I know why it took so long. They tried to send it back to you! Look.

Dec 24, 2004
1:56 P.M.
COLORADO SPRINGS, CO, US
DELIVERY
2:55 A.M. COLORADO SPRINGS, CO, US OUT FOR DELIVERY
2:00 A.M. COLORADO SPRINGS, CO, US ARRIVAL SCAN
Dec 23, 2004
7:18 P.M.
COMMERCE CITY, CO, US
DEPARTURE SCAN
2:48 A.M. COMMERCE CITY, CO, US ARRIVAL SCAN
Dec 22, 2004
5:23 P.M.
SALT LAKE CITY, UT, US
DEPARTURE SCAN
11:32 A.M. SALT LAKE CITY, UT, US ARRIVAL SCAN
2:40 A.M. BOISE, ID, US DEPARTURE SCAN
1:24 A.M. BOISE, ID, US ARRIVAL SCAN
Dec 21, 2004
9:18 P.M.
PAYETTE, ID, US
DEPARTURE SCAN
2:26 P.M. PAYETTE, ID, US ORIGIN SCAN
10:49 A.M. PAYETTE, ID, US AN INCORRECT ROUTING AT A UPS FACILITY CAUSED THIS DELAY;THE PACKAGE WAS MISSORTED AT THE HUB. IT HAS BEEN REROUTED TO THE CORRECT DESTINATION SITE
4:15 A.M. PAYETTE, ID, US ARRIVAL SCAN
3:00 A.M. BOISE, ID, US DEPARTURE SCAN
1:15 A.M. BOISE, ID, US ARRIVAL SCAN
Dec 20, 2004
9:18 P.M.
PAYETTE, ID, US
DEPARTURE SCAN
7:52 P.M. PAYETTE, ID, US ORIGIN SCAN
1:05 P.M. PAYETTE, ID, US PICKUP SCAN
7:16 A.M. US BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Last edited:
Well, alright! I thought she sent it USPS...

Actually, There was a model with a slightly better rating, but it was out of my range at the time. I thought a bit and realized that logarithmically it was still a pretty good suppression ratio for a decent shoulder arm. I hope it serves you well and I realize they probably do not last forever so I guessed you might need one.

If you come in summer, perhaps we can go to Meridian Speedway. I have not been there since I was young. I am not enthused a lot by hockey games.

Gee, I thought I got a Jimmy Stewart movie called Shanandoah? and The Guns Of Navarrone! I guess it's been a while. I put up karaoke slips and forget until I go up and sing or edit my slips (she lets me without questions as long as I tell her if the lead song changed).

See? I told ya hang in! :D

Last edited:
If you come in summer, perhaps we can go to Meridian Speedway. I have not been there since I was young. I am not enthused a lot by hockey games.

My father won a Midget race there along time ago. I have been to the track.
I sent a PM. I may have been off. Let me know.

Jerry

Thanks to my SS for the music and Fillmore T-shirt! :banana:

Can't wait to take a listen.....when I can get to it through all of the kids toys piled up arond here :eek:

I got a Freud 10" saw blade. Now you may ask what's that got to do with audio. Well someone was paying attention and knows I just got a new table saw for making speakers. :D

Sitting here spinning Norah Jones, "Come Away with Me" on 200g Quiex SV-P vinyl; sounds fantastic :yes: :thmbsp: :banana:

Thank you, Secret Santa!!

RuSsMaN said:
Sitting here looking at it - I want to tear into it REAL BAD. I'm going to wait for Christmas morning, but it's not going to be easy - that's for sure. There is even a CARD, how neat!

Cheers,
Russ

Well, RuSsMaN, you started this thread, and it is now almost 2:30 p.m. on Christmas Day. So, what did ya get? Inquiring minds want to know!

(Living vicariously through everyone else's SS gifts. Got a message from an elf that my SS gift is still making its way to me, from halfway 'round the world! Too Cool! But I hate waiting!)

Last edited:
I got to open mine today also. 4 new sealed LPs!!!!
Willie Nelson~The Best of Willie/ GREAT!!
The Who~Face Dances/ Haven't listened to yet.
Claude Bolling~Greatest Hits/ Different from anything I have, need to listen more.
MicroAcoustics~Test record with the usual tones but songs on the flip side/ Fantastic!!!!

Thanks to my SS TW, I really appreciate it. Can't remember the last time I had a B spankin N record. Now to get a hold of a static gun and I'll be set. Happy Holidays all, Bob

You are welcome Bob.

I love buying sealed LP's but have yet been able to talk myself into opening any of them. Glad to see you don't suffer from the same affliction. :thmbsp:

Merry Christmas! :)

Terry

Secret Santa was OUTSTANDING

SOMEONE paid attention.

PERFECT gift. 6BM8's seem to be in fairly short supply, new or used. SS sent me an NOS *MATCHED* Quad of Phillips ECL82 / 6BM8. The 6BM8 is essentially a 6BQ5 / EL84, but with half of a 12AX7 on top (notice the lack of driver tubes on the amp).

To say I'm absolutley THRILLED would be an understatement. These are in my Radii Audio MPP-M8 Stereo Amp. For those not familar, it is essentialy a pair of the sought after ASL Wave 8 monos on a single chassis.

A HUGE 'Thank you' to my Secret Santa - you knocked this one RIGHT out of the park. Now, I'm off to get my 8 watts of push-pull on, with my Univeristy Triax - you guys may never see me again.

Cheers,
Russ

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom