See what happens when a Flipper is Banned from Goodwill

Actually sad. From 3 different sources. He was quite rude to an employee, and made some offhanded remarks to her orientation, which sent her into the managers office in tears. I've heard him "bash" before, (not directly towards anyone), but thought he would of got banned for his aggressive shopping habits, and mishandling of the merchandise, (Mr. Pokey Fingers to driver cones), amongst other things.
There's a (possibly) interesting story here that seems to be entirely missing.

Annoying...

I was always up against w*nkers like these in the last city I lived in in NZ. Literally a totally smelly scumbag who was first at the doors and blocking everyone else with his shopping trolley trying to get all the good stuff. Made me so mad, he didnt appreciate the good stuff he was selling

At times I've been afraid that I was that guy. But a cooler head prevailed when I actually saw a guy like that in action.

image.jpg This time of year up in the Pacific Northwest where it doesn’t get so hot, there are plenty of garage sales going on. I just bought this CEC 8003 for fifty bucks and the woman thought that her daughter priced everything too high.... It came with an AT301EP....

I whole heartedly agree. Their are many resellers out there that are really good people. I know a few, and we share information about estate sales, garage sales, etc. I do not consider myself a reseller, but a collector, I'd never make it as a reseller.
Well, that's a relief. We are not all bad.

He was "testing" the midrange surrounds on a pair of Mid 70's Kenwood speakers, and pushed his fingers through the cones. He looked at me and said, "they are crap speakers anyway", then just walked away.
Yup. Seems unlikely a flipper would damage his own goods by "mishandling the merchandise" and being a "Mr. Pokey Fingers to driver cones."

I thought Goodwill (webstore) was a flipper. :D

I’m not very knowledgeable about charities (or thrift stores) - in particular Good Will - so I rely on the fact that my locally-run thrift store receives a very high rating on Charity Navigator. This thrift store is also rated by the Better Business Bureau as an accredited charity that meets all of their 20 Standards for Charity Accountability. (My locally-run thrift store raises money for a shelter for homeless people.)

Again, I’m not familiar with Good Will, but In general, I don’t equate thrift stores with flippers.

^^ What Tom said. I cannot believe how many shoppers have their smart phones on, and in hand. Except for the "banned" guy, the resellers and I have no direct conflicts in buying. They buy cartloads of EVERYTHING! Some specialize in toys, board games, hand held electronic games, others housewares, quite a few in for clothing. I see the same shoppers daily, and they see me too. In fact today, an album reseller was there today, and I gave him a lead on about 1000 albums. I did let him know I had gone through them, but when they have another sale, I'd go again. It's just sad 1 individual can be so insensitive.

Back
Top Bottom