Seeking a new streaming option

TooMany45s

Looking for a little bit of help and I'm hoping that maybe someone can make a suggestion as to a solution for streaming to my vintage setup.

My current solution is a Chromecast Audio, running into a Topping D50 DAC, and then out to my Pioneer SX-950. My streaming service of choice is Spotify.

The audio quality is good enough for my needs (streaming only accounts for about 20% of my listening sessions), but I have a couple of quirks that are starting to get under my skin and I'm hoping to remedy these by switching up some gear and/or services

My first complaint is that the Chromecast Audio doesn't like to play nice with the app on my phone, and more often than not, the volume slider for Spotify disappears from my phone, and I have to restart Spotify to get it back. I've done some research and it appears that it's a known issue. The second annoyance is that Spotify with the Chromecast doesn't support gapless playback. I find that lack of the feature to be quite disruptive on many recordings, as I'm more of a 'whole album' listener vs. playlists.

The two routes I've been thinking about going were to either a) Switch to another streaming service like Tidal, and see if that solves my issues or b) Go with another piece of hardware like the Bluesound Node 2i.

Has anyone else been in a similar situation? I'm very curious to see what people may have for an ideal streaming solution. Thanks for the help!

Back
Top Bottom