Seeking Info on Pioneer CSA-700's

BroonsBane

raisn em up waxin em down
Going to scoop a pair of these this weekend...cheap but can't find any info on them. I've searched here too with no results. Anyone have any info on these puppies?

Thanks in advance.

Hmm...maybe the guy that called me got the Model # wrong. He described them as having horm tweeters, 4" mid and a 12" driver, walnut veneer, lattice grills. He was going to throw them out but saw my wanted ad i have posted around. At any rate, i'll find out tonight when I pick them up!

It is from 1970-72, and is a 12-inch 3-way system with a 4.75-inch mid and a multi-cell horn tweet. It is multi-amp capable. Probably will sound pretty good, with a slowly rolled off bass.

Thanks Bully. That's what I was looking for...and to think they were destined for the landfill. I don't need them but hey, what the hell!

Well, picked em up last night. Sweet! I'll post pics later when I get home. I'm getting the feeling there isn't a whole lot of these around. BTW, the exact model # is CS-A700.

I phoned on an ad for some speakers and the guy said they were pioneer csa8000b

so maybe there cs-a800's or cs-a8000

anyone heard of em, he said there like a meter high with black cone 12" woofer and mids and tweets, thats all he said. and 200 watt. I cant find anything on them

Don't see that model listed, but they are probably from the mid- to late-80s, possibly the early 90s. Wouldn't think much of them, most likely, but to take a look-see and give 'em the knuckle-rap and a good listening, who knows?
As far as vintage-era Pioneer speakers, I cannot remember any of them being tall. They were as compact as possible and pretty heavy.
A meter-tall floorstander had better be *heavy*. Just my thoughts.

"FB" is from "Free Beaten" or "Free Beating"-- a method for making the paper for the cones. Something about long and short strands, etc., that makes a strong yet light cone material with good damping ability.

I'm really impressed with them. They are the first pair of Pioneers I have owned. Really tight bass and i love the tweeter. A little contact cleaner on the controls, cleaned the cabs and they are as good as new. Have em doing duty as the rears in the HT setup but they are better than that. Don't really have another use for them so that will do.

Pioneer cs-a700's

I just picked up a pair...should arrive next week. I'll let you know how they sound when they get here. Yours look like they're in great shape...I can't believe the guy was going to just toss em' Great save. What are you driving them with? I have a Yamaha CR-2020...do you think it will blow them up? Should I fuse any/all of the drivers? Can anyone suggest fuse values?

thanks,

Doug

I'm driving them with a Pioneer SA-9800, no issues. i'm sure your Yamaha would be excellent with them.

Back
Top Bottom