Seeking input!

Rich Butters

I recently suffered a sudden and severe hearing loss in one ear. Hopefully, it will reverse itself, the jury is still out on that. It has got me to wondering , how those of you who have suffered hearing loss and have started wearing hearing aids, continue to enjoy listening to music? What words of encouragement you have to offer or what advice do you have to give?
Thanks

Yes, both. Appears to be a reaction to antibiotics I took after some Mohs surgery on my face. There is no way of telling whether it is permanent or not yet. Only time will tell.

Have you seen a Doctor or Audiologist?
Yep this! I lost hearing in both ears, for a couple of weeks! And I had to take a disabled client to LA by airline and I could hear "nothing??"

It did get better but not right away?? At a diabetic check up I made mention of it. And it was "Wax build up" and a lot of it!! No way could I have gotten it out on my own! It could be something as simple as that???

Thanks to all for your concerns. I am optimistic that my hearing will improve, saw the ENT doctor today and he is also optimistic about my hearing returning. He said there doesnt appear to be permanent damage, just a lot of fluid in my ear canal and sinuses and a lot of swelling from the surgery. Put me on some steroid and anti inflammatory drugs and said to give another week or so. Until then I just need to keep rotating my head from right to left to listen with my good ear. Upside is that if I sleep on my good ear, I don't hear my wife's snoring!

Back
Top Bottom