Seeking Onkyo TX-7000 Owner's Manual

motorcityguy

Needed it like a hole in the head, but didn't let that stop me from picking up a pretty nice Onkyo TX-7000 today. It is an "almost" one-owner unit, having come from an enthusiast that acquired it recently from the long-time original owner.

Despite being "only" 90wpc, it's my understanding it was Onkyo's TOTL receiver model in 1980. Seems to be a lot of love for these on AK. Build quality looks really good, although I'm disappointed to see a TOTL unit like this with a vinyl-covered metal case.

I was surprised that Hifi Engine had only a service manual available. I was hoping to also find an owner's manual, so I could study-up on how the fancy quartz-lock tuning is supposed to operate, and what all the buttons are for! I even checked for owner's manual on the next lower model, TX-5000, but Hifi Engine also had no service manual posted for that one.

Anyone have a TX-7000 owner's manual they can scan and share?

I bought A TX 2000 and liked it so much I got A 7000 I know no wood case.I don't know if it has all original parts or if it has been upgraded.All the lights work on it. My room is 14' by 11' This receiver drives my NHT 2.5i Power hungry speakers really well.At A listed 90 watts per channel. I wonder if more power would really make them open up ???

Back
Top Bottom