Seeking some advice

CT MacKenzie

Howdy AKers.....so just getting into putting together a vintage system.....and had a Kenwood kd3100 turntable hooked up to a kr 750 receiver....then I came across the behemoth KR 9600 I was able to pick up for $200.....I think I got a good deal.....I have yet to test it...picking it up thus week..it does power up according to the guy I got it from. So my questions revolve around when I get it should I cracking it open and clean it up or what? Or just plug it in and pray ?....which I think I know better....! If I should open it up, and besides deoxiting and what not is there anything I should be specifically looking for good or bad ? Any guidance or suggestions would be much appreciated. This is a new indulgence /hobby and I see alot of you AKers are a virtual bank of knowledge in this realm, and I would like to turn this receiver find into a gem for my system. .....

I always plug it in first to see what's going on. That's by far the best way to find problems. That being said, I usually plug the unit in alone first and then hook up spare speakers to it (in the off chance something goes horribly wrong). If something doesn't work/is on the fritz, things needing DeOxit and leaking/busted capacitors are the first things to look for.

That is an amazing receiver, especially for $200!

Back
Top Bottom