seeking sub info for H/T setup

Alacaster

We just bought our first H/T receiver,a Harmon Kardon AVR 235, which is rated 50w/ch.
We are trying to decide between 3 subs for this system to match our JBL Studio s38 speakers.
We are considering the Parts Express Titanic MKIII kit, the SVS PB1--ISD, and the Hsu STF-2. Has anyone had an opportunity to compare these subs?
Or can provide info on their suitibility for our 15X15' livingroom. It opens to the dining room.

I have a SVS PB12 Plus/2 and I am here to tell you that never have I heard a better sub. . .at any price. . . I have owned several SVS subs and have been blown away with each one depending on their purpose. I'm sold. . .

I have owned Klipsch / JBL (B380 and 460)/ POLK / Paridigm / Definitive Technology / Parasound/ Velodyne / M&K / DIY (Dane drivers) and others all good ones not entry level and for my money and at their price point it is damn hard to beat or match the SVS. . .

I considered your 3 choices plus the Outlaw, Shiva, Rocket and others, and ended up buying the PB1-ISD. I don't think you could really go wrong with any of them, but I couldn't be happier with my SVS. I would also strongly recommend you budget another $100 or so and buy a BFD to go along with whatever you end up getting. Well worth the money and the time it takes to get it set up.

Thanks.
I ended gettig one of the Outlaw LFM-1 B stocks, which put it in my budget.
Got the BFD as well.
Good advice!

I ended gettig one of the Outlaw LFM-1 B stocks
I took delivery of one today. It is a monster! The B stock flaw is the fact that the pain of glass (or whatever) on top is not completely inset. If you did not know it was supposed to be completely inset, you would never know the difference. It is only a cm or so over the edge as it is.

I am going to hook it up this weekend. :banana:

As so many have said...Any one of those would make you happy. I use an SV sub for H/T and it absophuckinglutely whoops ass for DVD bass tracks. I prefer a tube design as apposed to the box though. I've done both and something about the tube design seems to really get the air moving on those thundering subwoofer tracks.

If I had to choose from your list I would go for the SVS PB1--ISD :yes:

gyusher said:
I have a SVS PB12 Plus/2 and I am here to tell you that never have I heard a better sub. . .at any price. . . I have owned several SVS subs and have been blown away with each one depending on their purpose. I'm sold. . .

Yikes girl, you don't mess around!

I have a Hsu VTF MKIII. Personally, I'd always recommend a 12" over a 10". It doesn't matter if your room is small, because when that bottom octave kicks in it will be worth it, believe me.

Back
Top Bottom