1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Sennheiser HD 599 with a Pioneer SX-750 or SX-535?

Discussion in 'Headphones' started by SpinninAgain, Nov 29, 2018.

1. SpinninAgain

SpinninAgain AK Subscriber Subscriber

I've been thinking about getting some headphones for some "Me Time" listening at night. I'll be hooking up to either my SX-750 or a SX-535. Neither one has lots of power out to begin with. So I can't imagine the phone out jack is going to put out much power either. I am trying to find out if I should find some low impedance or high impedance headphones. Or does it really matter.

The only spec I've found for the 750 is that the phones out jack is "Low impedance". Should I go with low or high impedance headphones?

I'll most likely be buying new. I've been looking at the Sennheiser HD 599 lately. They are on sale right now on Amazon for a decent price. Also looking at Sony MDR V6. Any other suggestions are welcome.

Thanks everyone.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. SpinninAgain

AAAAANNNNDDDD....Down the rabbit hole we go again!

Too many choices. Too many contradicting reviews.

The Monoprice Monolith M560 are looking pretty good now too. Depending where you look they can be had from $119(Open box) up to $149. Open / Closed planar cans. Sounds like they can sound even better with some aftermarket Sony pads.

Still looking / learning / researching..........

3. Mark 1234

Mark 1234 AK Subscriber Subscriber

I have a sx-950 and some 650's. It drives these very easily. It becomes too loud before even reaching 1/4 volume.

SpinninAgain likes this.
  4. SpinninAgain

Thank you @Mark 1234. I just picked up a set of HD 6XX from Massdrop. Should be here by the week end. Looking forward to it.

Thanks again.