1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Sennheiser HD595 vs HD598 & HD599

Discussion in 'Headphones' started by Cylontymany, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Cylontymany

Cylontymany Well-Known Member

I have been using the 595s for some time now and I like them and was wondering about the other two models-opinions please.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Cylontymany

Cylontymany Well-Known Member

Wow-Nobody has any opinions?

3. KlipschFan61

KlipschFan61 Smooth Jazzer

I love my 600's. Never heard the others.

4. cratz2

cratz2 Addicted Member

I own a pair of 598s and previously owned a pair of 598Cs but have never heard the 595s or 599s.

I suspect a lot of people have owned one of the models but very few have owned (or listened to long term) two or three.

Good luck in your search.

5. lini

lini just me...

Ctm: Maybe the problem already starts with there having been two 595er versions, the earlier with 120 and the later with 50 Ohm drivers...

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

cratz2 likes this.
  6. Mamrak1

Mamrak1 AK Subscriber Subscriber

I have owned both the 595s and the 598 version. They are middle of the pack Sennheiser headphones. I much prefer the HD650 or 700 over these models. If I'm going to the trouble of having something resting on my head, I prefer comfort and sound quality over buying as cheaply as I can.

Also, it pays to test drive any headphones. If they hurt your head from the get go, the headphones won’t get more comfortable over time.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
    cratz2 likes this.

7. twiiii

twiiii Addicted Member

I have a pair of 598 SE that I really like. They are very comfortable, they aren't bass heavy like my Momentums were and though the highs aren't as good as 660's they are just smooth enough to be enjoyed for very long periods without giving you ear fatigue. They are efficient enough to be driven by my iMAC and older Mac Book pro with out to much distortion. The MacBook Pro just can't. quite keep up with the 10 year old iMac or the brand new iMac I bought last month. When pushed by my Mcintosh Pre-pre-amp, my C-34, or 2505 they sound great. Are they as good as my Stax lambda's? Of course not, but then they only cost 1/10 the price and you don't need a special Power supply either. I still think that I want a pair of 660 though, after the introductory prices drop.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
    cratz2 likes this.
  8. Natitude

Natitude Super Member

cratz2 likes this.
  9. cratz2

cratz2 Addicted Member

Hard to argue with that! :p

10. illinoisteve

illinoisteve Super Member

My only Sennheisers are my recently acquired HD 497s and a pair of MX400 earbuds--the latter are not especially bassy but sound better than every other pair of earbuds I have owned.

11. twiiii

twiiii Addicted Member

Even my new iPhone 10x with the $9.00 adapter drives them very well. The sound really improved when I got the 10x soft ware updated last month.