Sensor Cleaning DIY anyone?

Dynacophil

I ain't Phil, I'm 'phile
Hi

Who is doing it by himself and: how?

I do since I am into dSLR (5 years) and now first time bought a set of tools - til now I did it with selfdeveloped tools, also successful.

I bought a SensorWand and PecPads from Microtools and was successful as well as with my before method. I use Methanol for cleaning, no Isopropanol. Not easy to get, but better.

This is a never before cleaned D70 of first generation.

attachment.php

before

attachment.php

after first try, two other followed

attachment.php

after (4th try)

attachment.php

Tools

Attachments

• Vorher_s.jpg
    Vorher_s.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 34
  • erster Versuch_s.jpg
    erster Versuch_s.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 34
  • Nachher_s.jpg
    Nachher_s.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 34
  • Sensorreinigungsmaterial_s.jpg
    Sensorreinigungsmaterial_s.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 35
I have been cleaning mine for years using the same supplies as you. I find taking a picture of a clear blue sky will give a good showing of the dust bunnies hiding on the sensor.

I know this is an old thread but I only recently started cleaning my sensor myself. When I got my Nikon D7100 as a part exchange, it was great until I saw the dreaded spots. At first I thought I'd have to send it away to be cleaned but thanks to you tube and "the angry photographer", I nervously gave it a go. It took me three swabs. Then I pointed my camera at the sky and took a photo. Seeing a mark, I was disapointed. While I contemplated getting the fourth swab out, I noticed a mark on the window :D. I opened the back door, took another snap and I was relieved to see my clear sensor phew! What a maroon! (as Bugs Bunny would say) :rflmao:. The best thing about it is saving £100 or whatever it costs to send it away for cleaning.

Back
Top Bottom