Sent by Hoffman forums

markshan

Sir Thrift a Lot
They were tired of me.:D

Actually, after seeing several links from there to here, I decided to check it out. I am a musician/soundman with the aspirations to be an audiophile but not the deep pockets. I also have a special needs son (and a regularly abled daughter) that take up a lot of my time and resources and also limit what I can expect to keep in working order around the house. The turntable only comes out when he is in bed. It is a bit of a hassle but it is how it has to be for now.

I did recently acquire one "audiophile" piece. I found a Marantz 2230 laying on the side of the road. It looked pretty haggard but it asked me to pick it up and give it some TLC because it wasn't done making beautiful music yet. With the help of several people on the Hoffman forums (thanks to Rolf in particular) I got it looking and sounding wonderful. It is a huge step up from the Kenwood that it replaced. Especially the phono pre, I am thrilled with the difference on my needledrops.

Hello everyone.

Welcome Mark!

Great music and audio on a budget...excellent combination.

Nice folks here...enjoy!

Hi and welcome, Mark.

Does this mean we now have to send someone over to the Hoffman Forums? :D

- Edwin

Are we playing a game of red rover? As Mystic said, are we inclined to send someone back?

Welcome.

dew.

Welcome. With a little time and effort it's not difficult to get great audio on a budget. I should emphasize the 'time' component though, you gotta get to know the local thrift stores.

A free Marantz is a wonderful thing.

Forget the audiophile stuff and just enjoy the music. What instrument do you play?

I kind of have two lives as a performer. In college (Boston Conservatory) I was an opera major (lyric tenor) and in the bars I was a bassist/high harmony vocalist.

This of course led to a thrilling career in music retail.:D

Welcome, that other site is a great place for info also. Glad to have you here and look forward to more posts.

Welcome Mark, the Hoffman forums are another good place to hang out! :thmbsp:
Hi and welcome, Mark.

Does this mean we now have to send someone over to the Hoffman Forums? :D

- Edwin
:scratch2: ...that has... possibilities. Are you volunteering for the mission?

:D

Back
Top Bottom