SEPAS - Southeastern Pennsylvania Audio Society

I'll try and remember to bring my old six eye Time Out so we can give it a listen compared to the later ones. Might be interesting.

I missed the last one at Keith's due to a family issue, but will try to make the April meet!
Regards,
Jim

This group is not very active unless I get involved as no one sent an email or a post or PM the entire time I was under the weather during OUR prime season, cooler weather.

But when I get the email out, it is a selective group due to space limitations really, usually 4-9 folks show up to listen to whatever has been hauled over to the host house. We have done amps, cartridges, phono pres and speakers over the years.

Mike has said he wants to do something in April but I see Mark is also lining something up. Fine, maybe we get two in April before the Big Gig at Rick's in May. This April twofer will make up for not having one in Jan or Feb. And we have to get these in before folks have excuses like a need to do yard work or go on vacation.

wgb, you are on my email list. I'm just waiting until someone nominates a date for this to happen and a location. Of course, folks are always welcome to drag some music over here for a listen. I usually let others know when someone is going to drop by and sometimes other can make it. Many have limited time away from family to do these sorts of get togethers.

The 2019 winter meet is 'in the books'. Another good get-together at Mark's (Aerobat) place this past Sunday. Good people, food/drink and music. Nice turnout, with 15 members (by my count). I'll post the pic's and names and let Mark & Keith describe the 'action'. Members by name and AK handle are: Glenn (MX117.MC7150), Jim (@ehoove), Doug (@dlucy), Mike,Tom (@TJLitt), Rick (@Ohighway), Eric (DIY Audio), Dave (@Dave1384), Thain (@gadget73), Keith (@Blue Shadow), Keith, Dave (Keith's brother), DaveB (@Twitch54) and Steve. If I've missed anyone or their AK handle, please fee free to correct.

SEPAS1.jpg SEPAS2.jpgSEPAS3.jpg SEPAS4.jpg

Last edited:
Everyone should identify themselves in one of the photos. I'm standing behind the lamp shade with crossed arms in pic #2.
DaveB is sitting behind the crock-pot looking at the camera in pic #3.

Everyone should identify themselves in one of the photos. I'm standing behind the lamp shade with crossed arms in pic #2.
DaveB is sitting behind the crock-pot looking at the camera in pic #3.

I'm the guy with his arms folded next to him.

It was a very nice gathering which I enjoyed immensely. Thanks to Mark for hosting. Hope to see you all at my place in May for the Mid-Atlantic Gathering!
Regards,
Jim

I'm the guy in photo 3 on the left. @EricSan welcome to AK. That's his "I built this MoFo" amp with the giant sinks and wood base in pic 4 beside @gadget73 's modded Massey Ferguson EL84 amp (just kidding, it sounded really nice!)

Yes........ that is a good sounding and interesting amp. SE MOSFET with a pair of microwave oven power supplies in the black boxes. Hopefully, EricSan will see this and provide the details.

What do you know, I've had an account here since 2015, but that was my first post... In photo #2, I'm seated on the couch, wearing a dark grey shirt and jeans with my hands clasped. I've added a few closer images of my MoFo amp. It was a project that evolved on the DIY Audio website last year. It was fun to listen to some tube amps as well!

Attachments

• IMG_6812.JPG
    IMG_6812.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_6814.JPG
    IMG_6814.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 20
Mark, thank you for hosting this event and getting a chance to meet all you gents. Sorry I couldn't have stayed a little longer but my grandsons basketball game was next up on the agenda !

I must say we didn't have much gear this time. We usually have the whole floor covered with cabling, multiple cartridges to try, and boxes on every horizontal surface. OTOH it was less work and more time for just listening. Glenn @MX117.MC7150 did bring a F117 phono pre that I was too lazy to swap in.

You seem like a harmless group of guys. Maybe someday I'll work my way up to an invite. Hope you had a blast!

Keith, thank you for hosting yesterdays gathering at your place. It was an enjoyable walk down memory lane listening through your DQ-10's !

Mark, thank you for bringing the Ahmad Jamal 'Heat Wave' Lp, it was an awakening to another great Jazz pianist and yes he's still kickin' @88 !

Back
Top Bottom