Serial Number Puzzler

cason

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I have a pair of Heresy II, oiled walnut, standard brown woven fabric grills, factory slanted risers and am unable to determine manufacturing date from the serial numbers. These have paper labels with consecutive serial numbers. The labels show a copyright date of 1985. The serial numbers, 12644 and 12645 and P/N number 09000341122 were printed with a dot matrix printer. Inspected by Katy McC, tested by Kevin Morehead.
BFACFF82-B33A-40F3-BB22-8BEB2B28B767.jpeg AFB815C6-6F0E-4869-AE00-C4789DD7DCA4.jpeg
I have tried using the directions in several of the deciphering Klipsch serial number posts and can’t come up with anything that seems to make sense. Would love some help with this.
Thanks,
Bob

Last edited:
Are those by chance the siginture edition?
Species 8472,
These are not the signature edition. I have edited my original post to correct an error on my part- these have standard brown woven fabric grills and slanted factory risers.
Bob

Hajidub,
I’ve tried that one and several others on the Klipsch and other sites. None of them seem to be able to give me a reasonable answer. I remember reading somewhere that Klipsch went through a short period around 1989-1990 when, during a change in numbering schemes, they had a series of “unusual” serial numbers. Never was to document or find further info about that. Guess I should write Klipsch and see if they can help.
Bob

I have seen 2 label formats used after klipsch stopped using the number letter (1N234) combination.

The labels on your speakers don't follow the info either on this forum or klipsch's.
Most often the labels with your format has a w/o number as well. It is odd that yours is missing that number. Also missing is the model and finish ie FOWO or FIIOO.
I don't know for sure but I have always thought the w/o would be a work order number thus perhaps making it a special order and not necessarily following the standard production serialization.

UH1DG337,
Thanks for your response. I have pulled the drivers on one speaker and all three give a manufacturing code for 1990. In asking about the serial numbers on the Klipsch forum, I’ve not gotten any more information than we have here. I guess this will remain a puzzle that’s not completely solved.
Bob

Back
Top Bottom