Series on DVD that you've watched more than once?

FONSguy

Currently, with nothing on TV that I want to watch, I've gone back and watched some TV series I have on DVD. Babylon 5 is one I've re-watched twice this year. Mostly due to Stephen Fuerst passing. I also have WKRP in Cincinnati up next, and Then Columbo. As we get closer to Halloween, I'll probably watch season 4-5 of Breaking Bad to help me get into the Walter White mindset as I cosplay Heisenberg around then.

B5, All Creatures Great & Small...numerous times.

Had Firefly on DVD then switched to bluray, but yeah more than once with that series, too!

Firefly for sure. Many times on DVD, and again many times on Bluray.
Recently watch Glow on Netflix three times, but it also short and easy, with ten, thirty minute episodes.
Thought about re-watching Battlestar Galactica many times, but there is so much other good television to watch, I can't commit to something that huge.

Ali McBeal - Watched the whole series on TV and several times on DVD.
My So Called Life - Watched the whole series on TV and several times on DVD.
Joan of Arcadia - Watched the whole series on TV and several times on DVD.
Wishbone - Watched the whole series on TV and several times on DVD.
Weeds - several times on DVD.
L Word - several times on DVD.

Bab 5,
Space Above and Beyond (1 season, but a good start)
Homicide: Life on the Street (and of course)
The Wire
Buffy the Vampire Slayer (and Angel)
Breaking Bad (and - Better Call Saul)
The West Wing.
I'm sure there are others, but that's a good start ...

We were at dinner with a friend last night and my wife was talking about the end of Breaking Bad
and how there is a real dearth of Good Storytelling on TV these days - not stuff like Fringe or Lost
where they wrote themselves into a corner and cheated their way out,
but really well planned and scripted stuff. So much TV has just laughable dialog
and trite events to move the characters forward ... its just sad.

My wife and I have watched Breaking Bad on DVD 4 - 5 times (I've actually lost count) and have loved watching it every time.
Waiting on Saul 3 to come out on DVD so we can catch up on that.
She's wanting to but the BB box set and I bet when she does, we'll never watch it again (!)

The BluRay Breaking Bad Toxic Waste Canister packaging version has about 12 more hours of stuff, including behind the scenes of Face off and setting up Gus getting his face blown off, and the final visit Walt has with "Jack and the boys" with the M60. It also has longer versions of about 6 of the episodes, and some with commentaries.

About to finish watching 'Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles' for the first time since I watched them on TV. I have a serious crush on Lena Headey (.. my wife totally understands) and now that GoT is on hiatus I need my fix. Might watch BSG again but that will have to wait until winter when I snowed in.

I forgot about Deadwood.
We've marathoned that one a couple of times too. One of my favorites - except for the way the series just sort of left everything hanging.
Yeah - the lack of closure to the series still bugs me, but I'm getting over it. My biggest problem with this series is that after watching it, a phrase similar to "cork soaker" becomes extraordinarily common in my spoken vocabulary...

Yeah - the lack of closure to the series still bugs me, but I'm getting over it. My biggest problem with this series is that after watching it, a phrase similar to "cork soaker" becomes extraordinarily common in my spoken vocabulary...
And it makes everything else in Deadwood's genre look like a "Hollywood" western.
Wish Lee Van Cleef had been able to be in it!

Back
Top Bottom