Seriously, 13.2 channels? What a joke Denon.

I can't afford to feed it good speakers. But I'm just a 2.1 guy, anyway. Who thinks 13 speakers in one room is not a recipe for great sound. However, as car salesmen have said for years, there is a butt for every seat. My little house doesn't qualify for that type set-up, anyway.

Yeah, that rear panel makes quite an impression. Your mission, Jim, should you decide to accept it, is to fill all these jacks with sources. As usual, if you are caught or killed, strangled in a massive cable incident, the secretary will disavow any knowledge of your actions. Good luck, Jim. This tape will self-destruct in fifteen seconds.

Tape? Jim still hasn't heard it, can't press the right buttons on the remote.

i have 13 in the living room atm but thats 3 systems
and i'm counting 2 subs as speakers
so maybe 11.2 over 3 :D
and #3 is only there cause its a long weekend for me, and i'm testing stuff

So with the new object oriented surround audio setups like Atmos you get the usual 7.x L, C, R, LS, RS, LR, RR.
Then you add the front wide speakers and you are up to 9 channels.
Then you add the four height channels RH, LR, LRH, RRH and presto! You're up to 13 channels.
That doesn't include the sub channels. Usually 2 of them.
So in the new parlance you have a 9.2.4 system.
That's 13 pounds of crap in a 2 pound bucket for sure.
I think I'll stick with my 5.1 system for now, but if I ever build another theater I'll at least wire for all these channels.
Tom

Happy with 7.1 - and 4 speakers are studio monitors!
With my a n c i e n t Integra DTC 9.8 Pre-Processor from 2008!

Last edited:
If I had the money and space I would have a 13 channel surround setup but it would have to be in a home theatre room only and all hard wired and all surrounds would have to be in wall or ceiling speakers.

I like to hear one of those set up properly first though.

Back
Top Bottom