Server Up Grade is coming soon

Grumpy

Krusty old SOB! Yes, I own Audiokarma
Staff member
Admin
Sponsor
Subscriber
Just gotta say we are damn proud of all the awesome AK members. We have met our goal for the new Server up Grade. You guys Rock !

The new server should be online within the next 24 hours. We cant really pick a time for the change over but I was told by tomorrow early evening.

While we can hope the change over will go off with out a glitch, we have to expect some small problems. Rest assured that we will try to handle them as quickly as possible.

The new server should hold us over for a very long time.

As for the few bucks over AK has you guys are in for some real special treats. I am sure most of you are aware of the super cool Pioneer SX-1010 Raffle that we currently have under way but there is more to come.

Again you guys and gals are the best community on the web that we have ever met !

Grumpy

Will there be any noticable differences?

Loading speed ?

Visible changes ?

:dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

Just curiuos:wave:

Army

Will this server upgrade -

filter out all the nasty language like shyte and a**hole? :yippy:

make everyone answer all questions in 10 seconds or less? :yippy:

force Texas to become a State in the new Canadian United States? :yippy:

make the U.S.A. start using logical ZIP codes like M9C 1Y7? :yippy:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Will some please shut me up?

Congratulations on yet another big step towards total domination of the member forum scene.

It just gets better with each growth step - an amazing feat!

Paul

Originally posted by Morden2004

It just gets better with each growth step - an amazing feat!

Paul

It's spelt feEt. :p:

I just wish the Indian motorcycle forum were run by you guys...their server is less reliable than an old Fiat.

Anthony

Originally posted by Army
Will there be any noticable differences?

Loading speed ?

Visible changes ?

:dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

Just curiuos:wave:

Army

This new server exceeds the present one exactly 400% in every category :thmbsp:

We gonna run like greased lightnin' :D

After seeing your new avatar...

Who cares what the changes are :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Soooooo Kewl Dude :D :D :D :D

Best of Luck Boss

:yippy:

Army

Hey grumpy if you dont mind me asking what server you upgrading to?

We just upgraded our database server for forums and main website from Dual Xeons to Dual Athlon 64's running @ 32bit and whoooaaaa what a difference.

PM Me if you dont want to make info public.

Butuz

The new server is a Celeron 2.0GHz, 256MB

Like Kam mentioned the old one was exactly 1/4 of the new one.

Grumpy

did we just get upgraded to the new server? doesnt seem any faster or anything for me but im on cable so it probbly doesnt get much faster anyway :D

Nu?????????????

Nu ?????????????????????????????????????????????
Are we on the new server yet????????????
Inquiring minds want to know.

I just got off the phone with our webhosting provider. We are indeed up and running on the new server, we managed to keep our existing DNS numbers to boot :)

Ahhhhh....there's so much breathing room....I feel like I just ate a whole box of Claritin! :D

Oh no Kam!

A whole box??
Watch out for those sexual side effects!!

I always have to crack up when FDA requirements require the drug manufacturer to list all of these terrible side effects after they tell the one thing that the (wonder)drug is supposed to do.

Nice to hear that the board will be better across the spectrum.

Tal

OK, who cut the fart in the brand new server room..

Just can't bring this group anywhere nice.....:D

Lefty

Originally posted by Lefty
OK, who cut the fart in the brand new server room..

Just can't bring this group anywhere nice.....:D

Lefty

Now yer starting to sound like my wife :lmao:

Stop that :D

Army

Re: Oh no Kam!

Originally posted by qboneus
A whole box??
Watch out for those sexual side effects!!

I always have to crack up when FDA requirements require the drug manufacturer to list all of these terrible side effects after they tell the one thing that the (wonder)drug is supposed to do.

Nice to hear that the board will be better across the spectrum.

Tal

I swear I heard a disclaimer on a commercial for an allergy medicine that listed the side effects as the same as what it was supposed to cure!

Anthony

Its kinda funny that when the ads on the TV or Radio tell you of this new so called "wonder drug"... and its the next best thing to great oral se......... well ... anyway!!!!! Then they proceed to tell you of all the dehabilitating side effects that you'll be puttin' up with.....ie.....Headache...stomach ache....dizziness..displasia.....gonnerea......leprosey... and mild concussions!!!!!...HOLY $#!&!!!!!!!

Just shows you how complacent our society really is ...and how much we are a society of Bleeding @$$,Blind followers .....as long as the 'All mighty TV' says to ...thats what we do

As long as we ware told to do something ..thats what we do.....dont think for yourself......NOOOOOOOO .you arent supposed to do that

Just like moving your tone controls off the conter detant..... OH MY GOD!!! the whole worlds gonna come to an end if that happenz...even if it does sound like $#!&....dont ever touch that control!!!!Hell fire and brimstone fer shure.......(I'll catch hell fer that one.......so what!...I use mine...when I need it....)

As for a Free country!! ..Free Country my left @$$....you do as your told by the machine...thats what were governed by now...A machine....or more realisticly...a bunch of guidelines that are to be followed to the letter.... Deviate from it just the slightest...and your done...off to jail with ya ...or if your lucky they take everything you own...

You cant even live off the land.....the machine tells you that you have to have a licence to fish and hunt...the licences themselves cost a fortune...and are only good fer ONE year..
I'm lucky if I fish or hunt only once a year.......

Do you drive a car???? Of course........licences...and insurences...registrations and worst of all....SEAT BELTS its your own personal car...you own it ......and the machine still tells you you have to wear it ..pending penalty of law..and the law enforcment officials have the authority to pull you over and give you$#!& and a ticket just for not having one on....and then proceed to dig DEEPLY into your personal life......humilitating ..aint' it???..just for not wearin' the belt.....

Riding a motorcycle in Michigan here....its a requirement to wear a Safety Helmet..while the cycle is in operation....theres legislation pending in the Capitol for abolishing the law...and thus making it 'OK' for a operator to not wear one...but still it is a requirement to wear the Safty Belt in your car....... DUHHHHH!!!!

And now Its to the point to where your Children are required to wear a Safty Helmet while riding their Bicycle down the block in your neighborhood....whats Next...Knee pads.....elbow pads......chin guards...and goggles..so the bugs dont get in their eyes and cause them to spill out!!!!! and training wheels....no rephrase that ...SAFETY WHEELS!!!!! so they dont have any reason to fall down.....give em time...they'll come up with that one........And heaven forbid that the child gets an OUCHIE!!!! ...then these overprotective MOMS take them to the clinic to get a bandaid!!!!

For cryin out loud..when I was a kid ...I got ...on average 26 'OUCHIES' a week......we didnt go to the doctor....we just put dirt on it to stop the bleedin and kept on riding.....

You need some dirt to get into the wound, to give your immune system something to work on ...if it dosent it'll never know what to do when somethingREALLY BAD comes along!!!! and then you wonder WHY everybodies sick all the time......Antiseptic this...and antiseptic that!!!...we used to swim in'RAW SEWAGE' when I was a Kid....and I'm still here!!!!!

Its funny...I live in a rural community...and I still have to get a permit ..just to have a campfire in my back yard.....and then there are all these rules to abide by to have one........NO building materials....NO ...fires after 7:00pm......what else am I gonna burn and when am I gonna burn it!!!! Its Scrap building materials...and its gomma be at night!!!!!when else do you have a compfire??????? !!!!!! ya bunch-a-morons.. 2:00 in the Afternoon?????...for cryin out loud

Next thing is toilet paper....but don't get me started on that tishue!!!!!LOL

Originally posted by Army
After seeing your new avatar...

Who cares what the changes are :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Soooooo Kewl Dude :D :D :D :D

Best of Luck Boss

:yippy:

Army

Kam, I like your new avatar too. How did you get your picture on the screen? I'd guess Adobe Photoshop.

BTW, the TV set looks like a CT-100.

Originally posted by Kamakiri

Ahhhhh....there's so much breathing room....I feel like I just ate a whole box of Claritin! :D

Now that is a funny line...:D :D

Back
Top Bottom