Service experience with Audio Classics?

mike_p

Downhome Upstate
AK members' experiences with Audio Classics' inspection, maintenance and repair of McIntosh equipment as noted on this child board seem to be uniformly good.

Is that an accurate characterization? Terry DeWick is backed up 3 months, and I've got an MX-110 on the way to me that needs a good once-over, and maybe more.

Thanks for your input,

Mike

Delay depend about the job to do

I have already some very very long case but again I always explain the reason why .
Rebuilt a unit is not the same job than "inspection"
I am talking about me not AC but they have very good reputation !
MX110 and MR71 may cost a lot depending (again) about what you have to do

Right back at ya from about as far NE in NEPA as you can go, without jumping in the Delaware!

If you ever heading W on I-84, give me a heads up.

- Audio Classics will do an excellent job on your MX110. It'll be well worth it. Mine gets played almost daily. I use it alternately with an MC240, 2505 or pair of MC30s. The tuner is superb when up to spec with a quality signal.

First rate all the way. Did a superb job on my MX-110. The preamp I got from them was also in tip-top shape (even better than the B1 rating assumed). Shipping for me means x-country but there's no one I would rather have work on my "loved ones."

Sounds good! Their shop in Vestal is about 2.5 hours away (maybe I'll run into 62caddy on the way there or back). I was in the neighborhood a couple of months ago, picking up a mismatched but lovely sounding pair of Belle Klipsch, but didn't have time to stop by. This time I'll make Audio Classics the destination.

Audio Classics is a stellar company with the best CS in the audio industry. They brought My MA5100 back to within specs. They even worked a trade for an MA6200 for me. I would highly recommend AC to anyone who is in need of some work on their McIntosh components.

My only issue with them is they keep putting great equipment up for sale and I want it all !!! Upgraded my amp last month so might as well get a little more current with the pre too :)

Audio Classics has a great reputation and I'm sure it is well deserved, but you should also consider Yves Beauvais at Vintage Vaccuum Audio in Hoboken, NJ as another top notch (and possibly closer) service option. Yves restored my MX110 and MC225 to perfection, he does great work!

Audio Classics has a great reputation and I'm sure it is well deserved, but you should also consider Yves Beauvais at Vintage Vaccuum Audio in Hoboken, NJ as another top notch (and possibly closer) service option. Yves restored my MX110 and MC225 to perfection, he does great work!
I have always used Terry..Did not know about Vintage Vaccuum Audio. Since I am in NJ...have a MR-78 to be done. Will give Yves a call today....Thanks!!!

I have always used Terry..Did not know about Vintage Vaccuum Audio. Since I am in NJ...have a MR-78 to be done. Will give Yves a call today....Thanks!!!

An MR78 would need to go to Terry or Audio Classics. Vintage Vacuum services tube equipment only.

Back
Top Bottom