Service for KR-2300

wpcarpenter

Hello, I recently purchased a KR-2300 receiver knowing very little about audio equipment. The receiver looks great and sounded great when I bought it but is now having intermittent issues that seem to get worse the longer the receiver is left on. Occasionally one channel, or sometimes both, will drop in volume for an indiscriminate amount of time and then come back to the normal volume for another seemingly random period of time. I tried hooking the speakers up to the B set of speakers and the problem has persisted. I am playing through a Audio Technica AT-LP60 Automatic Turntable and some Mission bookshelf speakers. The seller recommended this forum to get help. I am wondering if anyone here knows someone in the L.A. area (I'm in North Hollywood) that could possibly have a look at it and either repair it or advise me as to what I would need to do in order to improve it's performance. Thank You.

Thank you so much! I sprayed some deoxit in those knobs in the front and cleaned the inside out with canned air and it sounds great know. I never thought life could be this easy. Thank you for the help.

How often should I have to clean out the system? It's developed a new problem...Sometimes after listening to several albums or sometimes just one, in the middle of a song the sound will get very muffled and a hum will start in the speakers. The hum stays even when I restart the system after unplugging it. Any ideas on what this could be? I also have noticed that it's making a louder pop through the speakers when I turn it on.

How often should I have to clean out the system? It's developed a new problem...Sometimes after listening to several albums or sometimes just one, in the middle of a song the sound will get very muffled and a hum will start in the speakers. The hum stays even when I restart the system after unplugging it. Any ideas on what this could be? I also have noticed that it's making a louder pop through the speakers when I turn it on.
Sometimes you need to repeat the steps some times before the issue stops coming back (2-3, depends how much back and forth you do with the Deoxit). Are you using a turntable when encountering the mentioned behaviour? If so it could be some dirt on you stylus.

Power switch could need some cleaning too, or worse, defective switch. Try cleaning it first.

Back
Top Bottom