Service@Paypal.com

Then that link is not from PayPal, but a scammer.
Agreed. You more than likely know if you've made an order or transaction and best practice is to jettison the email in question.
Even if you have made a recent order, I always go to the PP site and checked it out.
As some above have said, I also trust the actual PP. Hell, they've even pulled my bacon out of the fire a couple of times over the years.
Also, I've never received an invoice from PP. I have from sellers on ebay that take me to PayPal for payment but never just PP popping up wanting payment for something.
I'll also add that I've given them my phone # and they've yet to ever call me or text me about anything.

Last edited:
Agreed. You more than likely know if you've made an order or transaction and best practice is to jettison the email in question.
Even if you have made a recent order, I always go to the PP site and checked it out.
As some above have said, I also trust the actual PP. Hell, they've even pulled my bacon out of the fire a couple of times over the years.
Also, I've never received an invoice from PP. I have from sellers on ebay that take me to PayPal for payment but never just PP popping up wanting payment for something.

I trust ll the credit card companies I do business with, yes even my bank, Wells Fargo. I have banked with them for 30 years and never a problem.

If I did not trust them I would not deal with them.

Well, I did forward that email to Paypal spoof reporting site and they just replied to me. This is the subject line of their ema

"Thank you for reporting a fake website ZACVL (KMM91379814V56836L0KM)"

So, I guess my spidey sense worked this time. Now, I wanna know how they knew my phone number...

Well, I did forward that email to Paypal spoof reporting site and they just replied to me. This is the subject line of their ema

"Thank you for reporting a fake website ZACVL (KMM91379814V56836L0KM)"

So, I guess my spidey sense worked this time. Now, I wanna know how they knew my phone number...

One word: GOOGLE

I've never been a big user of Paypal and only used it maybe three - four times to make a purchase because that was the only payment method offered..

Has anyone else received an email from this entity asking you to confirm your phone number? Maybe I'm overly suspicious but didn't open it. Was I incorrect, or do you think it's some sort of malicious attempt for something?
Emails like that are total scams. Never open. Never respond. If you sign into your PayPal account, there is a way you can forward those emails to them, to follow up on.

Off topic a bit but since we've dealt with the topic...

You can trust anybody until there is a gigantic data breach and someone harvests all your info. Is anyone immune? Is Paypal immune, no matter how good they've been so far or how good their customer service? :idea:

It says simply "service@paypal.com". I've heard tell that scammers can make these things look real. I still haven't opened the email.

I may blindly forward it to that "spoof" email. Yeah, I'm not really a trusting soul.

[edit] I did open it to forward it. It does look real and it does know my phone number. I didn't respond to it, though. Just opened it, read it and forwarded ir.

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/About-Payments-Archive/Is-service-paypal-com-valid/td-p/1027292

I`m able to see any real email adress on my Linux computer without any damage but Windows is much more sensitive then Linux for that reasons. If you use Outlook for emails, you can simple add filter on service@paypal.com in case to receive email from that adress then Outlook automaticly permanently delete this email.
I dont know are you use filters or not but filter option in any email client is good solution for strange email.

Back
Top Bottom