Severe laptop damage ?

I should catch a pigeon and write a message and set it free.:rflmao:
Carrier pigeons are extinct due to bird flu.:(
Anyone here a bird wrangler ?

Windows 10 on a pigeon?

Replied, ignored. I'm done with this nonsense. Good luck to those who choose to keep beating their heads against the wall.

OP, at one point you seemed to take offense others would consider you a child. You'll be treated like one till you stop acting like one.

Replied, ignored. I'm done with this nonsense. Good luck to those who choose to keep beating their heads against the wall.

OP, at one point you seemed to take offense others would consider you a child. You'll be treated like one till you stop acting like one.

:thumbsup:

Look on eBay. You can find some older models for $30 - $50. See what yours is going for, buy one just like the damaged one, and move the hard disk over.

bs

or buy windows 10 product key, or cheap broken laptop with w10 product key.

before you do this, look up suitable windows 10 product key.

try craigslist also.

o_O + :confused: = :crazy:, :crazy:, :crazy: !!

Maybe time to adjust/ramp up any, or all your meds !?!?
Ah ah no Eva Marie ?
I don’t need meds , no cure for crazy . Or insomnia !!!
Meds just barbecue chicken ? My mom spoken too too mxuh chickens . Chefs speak cook chickens !!
Better hurry up before the rain reptilians come from the skybox .
Laptop seems to overheat any suggestions for laptop coolants / cool Mats off amazon ? Store bought ones are trash like mine .:angel:
Had to turn it off for while cool down:bigok: Z

Last edited:
Look on eBay. You can find some older models for $30 - $50. See what yours is going for, buy one just like the damaged one, and move the hard disk over.

bs
I already did that had an identical laptop my sister no longer wanted she hates it too slow . Lost her paaaword . I never could crack that code just swapped hardrives .
This model overheats easily need a new cool mat. Anything cheap and fgood ?
Go back and read posts , :banana::angel:
My laptop probably isn’t fast enough to outback it’s on windows 10. It might be trapped in the motherboard of my old laptop someone said .

Last edited:
slow down. you need to buy a can of compressed air, open up the bottom, and blast the
dust bunnies out. cheaper than a new cooler. the new cooler only works for you -
the laptop is still running hot.

you and your sister needs to use a post-it and write down the passwords.

slow down. you need to buy a can of compressed air, open up the bottom, and blast the
dust bunnies out. cheaper than a new cooler. the new cooler only works for you -
the laptop is still running hot.

you and your sister needs to use a post-it and write down the passwords.
The fan on this model sucks , do I need to take it apart to get the dust out? Or no
I have a air can for that, it couldn’t save the hp laptop .

yes, the fan sucks dust out/in, and if not cleaned then it clogs the fan module, the
heatsinks heat up, and it can slow down, shutdown, or burn your desk.

yes, you need to remove the cover over the fan. then blow out the dust.

anything else is like yelling at it.

this is like never changing the oil in the car, the engine sludges, and you blame the
car

again slow down. don't try to fix everything at once.

yes, the fan sucks dust out/in, and if not cleaned then it clogs the fan module, the
heatsinks heat up, and it can slow down, shutdown, or burn your desk.

yes, you need to remove the cover over the fan. then blow out the dust.

anything else is like yelling at it.

this is like never changing the oil in the car, the engine sludges, and you blame the
car

again slow down. don't try to fix everything at once.
Ok how do you secure the power cable better without using tape? I don’t want this one to get damaged like my old gateway . A flaw in power port it’s already slightly loose.

there are no flaws in these laptops that can be corrected for abuse.

I had a second-hand old laptop for well over 5 years - imagine running windows 98 - five
years after. the power plug, smaller than today's larger plugs, was plugged in and pulled
out twice a day for over 5 years. that's well over 1000 times. no problems.

if you keep yanking on, letting your cat do trampoline jumps on it, moving the whole laptop
without securing the physical integrity, then there's no laptop power socket that can
survive.

if it's loose, get someone to fix it, do not do this yourself.

then create a physically secure and non-stress environment for your laptop and don't
disturb it while you use it.

however if you want to continue this pattern of usage there are two solutions:

1. buy a used cheap laptop with an OEM-designed docking station. it will have its
own AC power connection and will power the laptop when docked and your normal
power plug can be destroyed and it will still be charged by the dock.

2. find a cheap used windows portable/tablet that uses 5V and add a Qi power
charger to the bottom and sit it on a Qi power charger pad. no hands, no plugs
just pure performance, and nothing to unplug if you take it outside. plenty of
folks destroy their phone power plugs and rely ONLY on Qi chargers for
their phone to work.

or trade-in/sell all three and get one of these, make sure it has windows 10
and then your problems go away forever.

(do write down your password and give a copy to your sister in case you lose this piece of paper)
(better yet - leave a post-it on the table in case you take your laptop outside)

don't blame the hardware.

I had a second-hand old laptop for well over 5 years - imagine running windows 98 - five
years after. the power plug, smaller than today's larger plugs, was plugged in and pulled

if you keep yanking on, letting your cat do trampoline jumps on it, moving the whole laptop
without securing the physical integrity, then there's no laptop power socket that can
survive.

then create a physically secure and non-stress environment for your laptop and don't

1. buy a used cheap laptop with an OEM-designed docking station. it will have its

their phone to work.

(do write down your password and give a copy to your sister in case you lose this piece of paper)
(better yet - leave a post-it on the table in case you take your laptop outside)

:thumbsup: All the above, but unless it`s absolutely necessary for the user`s environment, I would for go the password.

Win likes to encourage one to implement password , but I never have, since the ~ mid nineties using Win 3.1 and all the way through Win 10, but all 12 of my machines are in a controlled environment(my house), with nobody else living here..

Just my $ .02 worth FWIW..

The only time I have ever seen a laptop overheat it was because it had too much dirt piled up inside against the heatsink fins. Disassemble and clean is the only fix.

This video shows how bad it can get with air restricting dirt:

92854BCF-35CB-4B52-96D4-65772FD8E70C.jpeg D8581C53-B7A3-4819-AC01-73EAB9CF1A46.jpeg

survive.

their phone to work.

I have no money to pay someone to tighten or secure the power cord better . Good plans for the future had no idea about power docking laptops .
How can you diy secure a power cable without take so it does not wiggle at all or anything.
It seems to be running fine on windows 8 so far and what’s best free antivirus ? Zone alarm was one sugggestion .
I’m not trading in broken laptops so they can fix them and making a killing .
Pc shops charge to much to fix laptops way more then there worth it older. Better to learn how to diy .

Last edited:
A rubber band wrapped around the entire keyboard section (base of laptop), including the power cord will help keep it in place. Why do you refuse to ask your dad's paid tech expert for antivirus and insist upon asking repeatedly on here?

A rubber band wrapped around the entire keyboard section (base of laptop), including the power cord will help keep it in place. Why do you refuse to ask your dad's paid tech expert for antivirus and insist upon asking repeatedly on here?
I think he only gives antivirus to the pc he is supporting. Sadly

Back
Top Bottom