SF Bay Area get togther at Down Home Music (March 18th) ?

Hey Rob:

Here is the text of the email they sent out yesterday:

"On Fri, Feb 9, 2018 at 11:30 AM,

Holy Mole. I'm planning another Down Home Community Parking Lot Sale for
Sunday, March 18th (WEATHER PENDING). The usual assortment of LPs, 45s,
(whaterver), stereo equipment, instruments & amps, and all things music.
PLEASE let me know of any conflicts i.e. other Bay Area compeating record
swaps you know of for that date and if you are on board to sell at ours.
As in the past, no fees w/an unload at 7AM starting time of 8. Lemeno ASAP
and I'll put you on my sellers list.
Sweet.
JC Garrett
PS Let me know if you got on this list by error. I don't want to be a pain."

LOTSALE2018 copy.jpg

Rob is right - the ad does say "Not to be confused with our second Sunday 78 RPM swap meet"

LOTSALE2018 copy.jpg

Attachments

• LOTSALE2018.gif
    LOTSALE2018.gif
    95.5 KB · Views: 2
I'll certainly try to make it. I've gone to one of the previous swaps however I don't if any AKers were selling at that one.

Just curious would anyone be interested in doing something similar in the San Jose area? I sell gear by consignment at a friends record store,and he's got a pretty decent sized parking lot. It would be great to get together with everyone and have a record & gear swap.

I'll certainly try to make it. I've gone to one of the previous swaps however I don't if any AKers were selling at that one.

Just curious would anyone be interested in doing something similar in the San Jose area? I sell gear by consignment at a friends record store,and he's got a pretty decent sized parking lot. It would be great to get together with everyone and have a record & gear swap.

There are quite a few AKers in the South Bay, and I'm sure they will be interested. I think the marketing will need to reach a wide audience in order to have a good turn out.

One thing I tried to do was to list the gear that I was planning to bring to the sale, but alas, not enough interest.

Put it on my calendar although I'll be out late Saturday and so may not get very far Sunday morning.

A South Bay event would be of interest too.

I'll be there, weather permitting. Last time I went I did better selling gear than LPs. Have some more gear I need to sell, and even more LPs this time around. I live 1/2 mile away and will get there at 7 a.m. Others with a bit o' stuff are welcome to share the space.

I'll be there, weather permitting. Last time I went I did better selling gear than LPs. Have some more gear I need to sell, and even more LPs this time around. I live 1/2 mile away and will get there at 7 a.m. Others with a bit o' stuff are welcome to share the space.

Yes, you did great with selling your gear while we were standing around watching in envy!

Here's the latest update from JC the organizer. It's a GO:

Hey Everybody. Here's an update. The weather channel predicts cloudy w/Sun
(chilly in the mid 50s, Mom says, pack a sweater 'cause El Cerrito can get
brrrr) but no rain for this Sunday. Rain ending the Friday before and
clear on Saturday. The pavement should be dry but do bring a tarp if you
plan to spread out on the ground, just in case. Spaces are first come... A
pretty full roster of sellers this time, so if you can unload and park off
site, that would be preferred. But I understand if you have a lot of stuff
and need your vehicle to sell. We will make room for all. We often stretch
down the Ave. I'm here at 7AM. Public start time is 8AM. In the past, most
of the action seemed over by 12 noon. The store bathroom is available if
needed. There are also restrooms down the street at the Food Annex (the
coffee and pastries are quite good). I have limited tables and folding
chairs. There will be an AC line in one corner to try out electronic gear.
Should be a Great Day! See you all then.
JC

Is anyone at the sale? How’s everything going? Too bad I couldn’t make this one...

I went and stayed until noon and missed you guys. Drbiggles was there, also seeing who from AK was on hand. I did ok selling ~ 100 LPs, but only sold one piece of gear -- a Philips 212 turntable and I'm sure it went to a good home. It was a pretty good crowd and there seemed to be more sellers than the last one I was at and seemed more lively. The owner is looking for ways to get the word out to bring in more buyers. Met some more interesting folks, too.

I went and stayed until noon and missed you guys. Drbiggles was there, also seeing who from AK was on hand. I did ok selling ~ 100 LPs, but only sold one piece of gear -- a Philips 212 turntable and I'm sure it went to a good home. It was a pretty good crowd and there seemed to be more sellers than the last one I was at and seemed more lively. The owner is looking for ways to get the word out to bring in more buyers. Met some more interesting folks, too.

Thanks for the update. I don’t have any good LPs for sale, so I may show up as a buyer the next time....

Back
Top Bottom