Sg-9500

avionic

" Black Knights "------- F-15 " Wizard "
Subscriber
Is anyone aware of a known discrepancy in the service manual pertaining to the resistance value of R74 on the AWG-036 boards ?

This EQ is loaded with all carbon film resistors except for two carbon composites in the R74 position. On both boards.
The CC's are coded 100Ω 1/4w. The SM parts list and schematic refer to a 100 k Ω CF 1/4w in that position.:scratch2:

Measured resistance on both the 100Ω CC's is "open" as in infinite resistance.

They are located right between and above pins 14 and 15 in the photo.

Attachments

• DSC03964.jpg
    DSC03964.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Mystery solved. Cleaning dust off of the CC resistors changed the multiplier band from brown to violet.:D They still measure infinite resistance.

odd brown black yellow is a 100k brown black black is 100 ohm hmm definitely a discrepancy in the service manual. 10k brown black orange.

I have this equalizer i recapped it and reflowed many solder connections all resistors were good i'm quite fond of it open layout easy to repair good quality.

violet means that resistor has seven zeros attached to the end of it. That's a high ohm resistor.

Yeah. Like 7 zeros.
Brown / black /violet that's like 100meg that's why it reads open..Doh

I think I'm going to go with 100K MF and see how she sounds.

Dave I have a couple completely stock if you need to reference anything...probably more than that if I keep diggin...

Back
Top Bottom