Shameless plug

ProAc_Fan

Addicted Member
Here's a new headphone amp my friend built. It's a 6V6GT tubed single ended amp operating in pentode mode. The front end is a 12AX7 dual triode. The output is about 2 watts per channel. The current output configuration is for 8 Ohms but this can be changed internally to accomodate 4 or 16 Ohms. The front panel has a standard 1/4" stereo headphone jack directly wired to the output terminals on the rear of the amp. Chassis construction is 0.050" aluminum. The stylish contoured side plates are 3/4" solid maple.

I have yet to listen to it, last I seen it the wiring wasn't done. Previous experience leads me to believe it will sound wonderful. I've seen the excited emails he gets from happy customers. Most of them can't believe he builds them entirely from scratch.

Mike

No MRH that is my friends amp on Ebay. I just wasn't going to be a whore and point to his auction. If someone asked me about it, I'd tell them but I didn't want to come of as a shill. I just might grab that amp myself. I'm sure I can score a decent set of cans for a nice price.

Mike

Looks very nice. Made from scratch? Haven't met anyone who winds their own transformers in many a year. That's great. A near-dead art.

What's he got in the way of a tube-phono-stage with enough gain for an MC?

Back
Top Bottom