Shameless teaser photo (spoiler: Karsonators)

A splint for Zoidberg's comb?

angry-zoidberg.jpg

Don't know about a brand name but...pair of open baffles for a set of big full range drivers?

S.J.

Judging by the complexity of the project and his carpentry skills,I'm guessing the man uses a router with a circle jig;)

A router with a Jasper jig can get you a max 18" diameter circular cutouts. These look way bigger. A customized jig perhaps?

A router with a Jasper jig can get you a max 18" diameter circular cutouts. These look way bigger. A customized jig perhaps?

Optical illusion,he's using a 12''. Jasper makes a variety of circle jigs,and I believe their biggest will get you up to around 50+ inches. That'll even handle a Patrician woofer:)

I make my own jigs. Bolt the router base to a 6"x5' piece of 1/4" hdpe, or for small holes, I use a little trim router with a smaller piece of hdpe.

Wow. How did you cut those perfect large circle cutouts?

It also took 2 tries to get it right, first hole was 3/16" too big, and the lip is only 9/16 max. 3/32" per side seems small, until it's half the wall thickness on your t-nut holes, and you want it back. Especially dealing with unforgiving manufactured wood, it's either the exact right size or it's not. 1/64" too narrow or wide on a panel and things don't fit tight anymore and now you need to caulk seams... (maybe not on such a large port, but still)

Drawbacks of homemade jigs. but if i need to make a 16' or 20' circle, or 30 48" circles, the premade jigs ain't up to snuff.

More photos to come, Brought the parts all home and I've everything but the top (want to hide the screws, need a kreg jig). Finally got my horns in-hand, adapters arriving tomorrow. If all goes to plan they'll get juiced by wednesday.

Also used in PA applications,such as the S200,which are very impressive for their size.In that application,they were known as the 12S,300 watts instead of 200.

I really liked the force 12 drivers when i had a pair of fr12-2, and these EVM12L have an odd cult following, may folks have used them as midbass, and i needed a cab for them. Freddi (one of the more active and knowledgeable Karlson folks) had expressed curiosity in how they'd do in a Karlsonator 12. i was flip flopping between cabinet designs, and i figured i might as well start here. Shouldn't be too hard to find someone who wants the cabs if i don't like em, and if the drivers don't do it for me I've a guitar-fiend buddy who'll trade his right nut for them. They're not stock, but were reconed in the past by NES, so damn close.

Back
Top Bottom