Shannon's Family

Ms Grumpy

Administrator
Admin
Super Mod
Subscriber
I met Shannon in the toy department at the store. She was a very sweet woman. She has 4 children an 11yr old son, a 7yr old son, a 5yr old daughter and an 11 month old daughter. She brought her 11 month old with her and she was a little sleeping beauty. Shannon had gone to the store early and had scoped out what would be the best deal on toys for her kids.

Her application to Volunteers of America said that she would be happy with one toy a piece for her kids. When I told her what her budget was for her family I thought that she was going to faint. She said that she could have never dreamed of spending over $20 a piece on her kids. She asked if she could get all toys with her budget and I told her yes. The smile on her face was huge and she had tears in her eyes. She walked up to me and gave me a huge hug and whispered Thank you so much in my ear.

From my conversation with Shannon I figured out that her kids did not have a lot of toys and the ones that they did have were hand me downs. New toys were not really something that she had the extra money to spend on. So having the opportunity to buy a few new toys to put under the tree was unbelievable to her.

This had to be the quickest, easiest shopping trip because she knew exactly what she wanted for each child. And the toys that she picked all had a reason behind them for her. The soccer ball was for her 7 yr old who had his soccer ball stolen, the nerf footballs were for the boys who loved to play football all year but have never had their own football it was always one that was borrowed from a friend. The scooter for her 5 yr old daughter was something that she really really wanted, she had learned to ride one at her cousins house and Shannon had never been able to find one at the Salvation Army. The board games were because they liked to play them as a family. She was especially looking forward to playing twister with them. Some of the other toys were a baby doll and diapers for the doll for her 5 yr old. For the 11 month old she bought a couple of toys but needed some onesies and we found a great deal on a few outfits. There are many more toys, Ninja Turtles, Nerf guns, a basketball and many more. I have to say that we shopped for some great deals and when we reached her budget there was so many toys that the cart was overflowing.

After we checked out I helped put her toys in her car and she asked me if she could give me another hug. This time she didn't want to let go... She said that I was her guardian angel. I told her that I wasn't the only person involved, the shopping trip was made possible because of the generosity of some amazing people on AK.
She said to send a huge hug and Thank you to everyone.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Wow Nancy look at all those toys, those kids are going to be so stoked Xmass morning and Mom is going to love to see her kids so happy.!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom