Sherwood audio system

BluePhantom2

I’m cleaning out my grandpa’s basement and house after he passed away, including the old Sherwood audio system setup in the living room. I can’t hardly find any information on the turntable (currently it is so caked with dust that it’s barely identifiable without the manual) or the speakers and receiver. The receiver seems pretty sweet, with an equalizer and intigrated visualizer. I’m considering using them to upgrade from my god awful Sony reciever and Polk tower speakers that fuzz up vocals so bad you can’t barely hear. Anyone have any info on how these might sound? Is it worth the effort to get them back home?

Attachments

• D4E1F6E3-282A-4B10-84CE-84AE9AC389DC.jpeg
    D4E1F6E3-282A-4B10-84CE-84AE9AC389DC.jpeg
    55.8 KB · Views: 77
  • 33163BDD-921A-4843-87C0-02B05DF101AB.jpeg
    33163BDD-921A-4843-87C0-02B05DF101AB.jpeg
    56.4 KB · Views: 74
@BluePhantom2 , I'm sorry for your loss. Free gear is always worth a shot. Even the speakers. You may like those. Or, give/sell to someone who will enjoy them!

I’m sorry your grandfather is gone, I bet you miss him very much. I think the Sherwood gear is from the 80’s. Try just getting the dust off and see what happens. Some gear from that era is really one unit but looks like separate items connected together. The gear where the items are really separate is normally higher quality than the faux stack.

So just clean it off, hook up the speakers,and have a listen. If you like the sound, congrats. If you don’t care for the sound nobody’s hurt.

Back
Top Bottom