Sherwood PD-701B

daseinman

Hi guys, I'm currently looking at this turntable and will be trying it out soon. Is there anything I should look out for?

Cheers!

Hi guys, I'm currently looking at this turntable and will be trying it out soon. Is there anything I should look out for?

Cheers!

Welcome to the AK turn table forum.

Check all features for 100% functions, in particular turn table speed accuracy. :)

Check all features for 100% functions, in particular turn table speed accuracy. :)
Thanks for the welcome Balifly!

I've seen that there are app to check turntable speed, so I'll definitely keep an eye on that.

This will be my first turntable and I've tried to find information on this specific model without much luck. Do you have any advice on this Sherwood?

Thanks for the welcome Balifly!

I've seen that there are app to check turntable speed, so I'll definitely keep an eye on that.

This will be my first turntable and I've tried to find information on this specific model without much luck. Do you have any advice on this Sherwood?

As with most used turn tables, you will probably need to replace the belt and the needle in the cartridge at some point.

You can post back once you have acquired the turn table. :music:

As with most used turn tables, you will probably need to replace the belt and the needle in the cartridge at some point.

You can post back once you have acquired the turn table. :music:
I've got it!

I'm looking to buy an extra needle now but I'm not too sure which one I should be getting. After looking around the consensus is that I should look at buying an elliptical needle. What do you think of https://www.lpgear.com/product/LPGATN3600DLXSE.html? Is it compatible with my turntable?

This is my turntable's cartridge. https://imgur.com/a/k19Zh
k19Zh

Cheers!

The Sherwood turntable you are taking about is a good one. There is a fine line between paying $1500 or paying $150 for a turntable. You tend to get a lot of nerds talking about features that are extremely intricate. I had a pair of Bose earphones, bought out of curiosity, the sound was good but really not that much better than a pair of old Philips stereo headphones. Some of us tend to aim for the high price brings better quality.

The Sherwood turntable you are taking about is a good one.

There is a fine line between paying $1500 or paying $150 for a turntable.

You tend to get a lot of nerds talking about features that are extremely intricate.

I had a pair of Bose earphones, bought out of curiosity, the sound was good but really not that much better than a pair of old Philips stereo headphones.

Some of us tend to aim for the high price brings better quality.

I see no discussion of the type you described in the previous posts. :idea:

Back
Top Bottom