Sherwood RV-5030R VAPORIZING mains fuse

Go down to Home Depot, the electrical Dept. They have Buss and littlefuse brand AGC and other type fuses. Make sure the voltage is 125 or 250V. 250V is better as it'll handle that voltage in spikes. Lowes also has the fuses. PRobably cheaper than chinese fuses shipped in.

Go down to Home Depot, the electrical Dept. They have Buss and littlefuse brand AGC and other type fuses. Make sure the voltage is 125 or 250V. 250V is better as it'll handle that voltage in spikes. Lowes also has the fuses. PRobably cheaper than chinese fuses shipped in.
i would do that but i dont live near a Home Depot or Lowes.

so i popped a 500mA fuse in the 5A slot, put it in my DBT with a 100W bulb, i got the standby light and when i powered it on the unit turned on and off quickly and the bulb was fully lighting with it. i dont know what it could be at this point. need someone to go over the schematic.

CN203 is off, plugged into DBT, standby light is on, powering on i get one relay click and the screen lights up, but it shuts off after about 4 seconds, but i can turn it back on, and so on. im not getting a 2nd click. PROGRESS!

Last edited:
try pulling cnt110 and reconnecting cnt203
So with that, i got the power on with the DBT flashing as the caps charge and the display slowly lighting.. but still no 2nd relay click and the unit shuts back off after 4 seconds. should i try taking it off the bulb and trying full power?

just noticed this. i didn't see this at first because it was hidden under a ribbon cable
dark spot around some diodes
IMAG0476[1].jpg

Last edited:
you could try a higher wattage lamp .
check those diodes to be sure .
test centre channel outputs ...

Last edited:
Lamp is 100W, biggest i have. those 2 diodes appear to be Zeners, there D218R and D218L.
about the center channel, i dont know how thats supposed to work, only 8 outputs. 2 per channel. WHERE is the 5th channel coming from

Back
Top Bottom