Sherwood S-3300 issue

burmashave

Sounds great. BUT, what is that tubular module that seems to be housing the stereo light. Mine seems wonky. Often it won’t play in stereo, if I tap the module, it becomes stereo. I reflowed the solder taps and it improved greatly. I still think something is loose inside this module because it still happens. Can I rebuild it? If not, what is it called so I can replace it? Who would have one?
Thanks in advance

It’s the tube like thing with the red stereo light perpendicular to the dial glass and the black n red leads soldered to bottom of it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 20
This is a simple assembly, just a tube or shroud that connects the light bulb path to the stereo indicator. You can disassemble it and check the light bulb, maybe it's loose.

I recently rebuilt a Sherwood S-8500 which probably uses a very similar tuner section. My stereo light bulb is a #1302.

the stereo signal itself is actually going out until I tap that and it comes back. I am sure the tapping and the stereo signal restoration is related because it works every time, and I can hear it clearly for sure going from mono to stereo and then back to mono. Is this a reasonable behavior considering it's just a lamp?

No you have a bad/dirt connection in the Stereo decoder I had one tuner that had a dirty adjustment in the circuit that had to be cleaned for the Stereo signal to stay on. Your fix just coincides with you thumping near the lamp and is not the lamp.

The lamp does seem to affect the circuit. Easiest thing to do is first check to see if the lamp and connection are ok inside the tube assembly. Take it apart and check this, and that you have the correct lamp in there too. If OK, then maybe your tapping is affecting some other connection.

The lamp us blown. Without out of thr holder it still happens. It must be something under the hood beliw the mounting bracket

Back
Top Bottom