Shhhhh, don't tell the guys in the Pioneer forum......

Retro Stereo

Subscriber
That I just bought a Kenwood KT-8300 Tuner!! :nono:

First, let me tell you about the other tuners I own:

Pioneer TX-9800
Pioneer TX-9500II
Pioneer TX-9500
Pioneer TX-D1000
Pioneer F-90

I also have a few others, Sony, Scott, etc.

After getting the KT-8300 all cleaned up and Deoxit-ing the pots, I sat down for a nice listening session last night. All I have to say is WOW! It is now my favorite tuner!

I was talking to Henry (hpsenicka) the other night and he has a Punker X modded KT-8300 himself, well, one thing led to another, and we decided to bring them both to the AK Fest in a few weeks to run some A/B comparisons. I'm supplying the power, preamp and antenna for our little shoot-out. Should be fun! :music:

Retro

Eeegad what next a Sansui :D

I've got the little brother KT-5300 sitting here playing in the office, no complaints from me. Kenwood made some great gear IMO :thmbsp:

Brand loyal I'm not, if it sounds good, it stays :wave:

Curious to hear the differences with the shootout Greg

bordeno said:
What Sony tuner(s) do you have? Have you ever heard a Sony ST-A6B?

Nope, haven't heard of one of those. I've got a small silver one and I think it's a T-500 or something like that.

Retro

Yes, my PVC antenna showed up yesterday with a great big UHF-type PL-259 male adapter on the end! WTF! :thumbsdn:

So, I went to the Ratshack yesterday, but guess what, nothing to help me reduce it down to an F adapter. WTF! :thumbsdn:

So, I went online and bought some things that will make it adaptable, hopefully.

Geez, what a fricken nightmare. This is after I called the antenna company and told them I wanted an F adapter installed on it. :thumbsdn:

Not a happy camper at this point, but hopefully I can get it to work. Regardless, I'll bring it to the Fest and maybe someone can help us out.

Retro

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom