Shipping Boxes

Local UPS Store or similar places will have them... often find storage cartons sold in places like Home Depot too, and there's always U-Haul.

I buy my new boxes at work, something like $22 for a dozen 24x18x12 boxes which fit most of what I have to ship. 200 lbs burst, decent cardboard. Uline prices can get down to that but only when you're buying in volume.

You can also try some dumpster diving, places that deal in computers or servers often have pretty decent cardboard being tossed but a lot more people recycle these days.

John

Amazon. No need to drive or stand in long lines, you can have the cranky old UPS driver lug them to your door.

Last edited:
Buy all my boxes from Pratt Plus. U-line is a total rip off. With Pratt, orders over $75 ship free. We ship heavy gear double boxed in their 24x24x12 "printer box" which is double walled and extremely sturdy. Their boxes are also 100% recycled materials.

you might try the yellow pages in your area, I found a local box company and got a double walled box big enough to ship a Pioneer SX 1050 with 4 inches of padding on all sides for under $3.

Thanks for the heads up - if I could find something like that it would be most excellent.

Are you in Southeastern Pennsylvania by chance?

There is a large furniture store where I live that has awesome corner protectors and sheets of styrofoam that they crush/recycle.

They just toss it all in a huge bin, and when its full they crush it all.

I got tons of free packinging stuff there, filled me car just about!! lol

Back
Top Bottom